Modern warfare packet loss and high ping.

Sal

Hey all just a quick question everyone knows about the issue with modern warfare but I wanted ask about a topic which a lot of people aren’t talking about and that’s packet loss and high ping. 

I am constantly getting those 3 orange boxes and a red timer sign at the left of my screen where the kill feed is. This happens every game regardless of time of day and within a party or solo and even in private matches against bots! The game itself is not choppy but I get the instant deaths where people just appear on screen and almost feels like I’ve missed a few frames. My connection at home is pretty solid I get 150 down 26up and have correct Qos settings ect. I play hard wired and don’t usually experience issues with my connection speed tests usually give a ping reading of 3-4 ms with <1ms jitter. 

Anyone else having this issue or know a fix to it? Thanks  

• Administrators

Do you ever see anything on the Geo-Filter ping that corresponds with these symbols showing up indicating connection problems? What is the average ping you're getting and what server are you connecting to? Have you tried forcing other servers to see if it happens on those as well?

Pingplotter and game traffic are not the same. A router can be dropping your packets somewhere along the line. They like to do that as means of bandwidth control, since UDP packets are not resend. So really it's not a good test or comparison.

25 minutes ago, Bert said:

Pingplotter and game traffic are not the same. A router can be dropping your packets somewhere along the line. They like to do that as means of bandwidth control, since UDP packets are not resend. So really it's not a good test or comparison.

If you were getting packet loss in game, you wouldn't need a symbol to tell you, you'd be able to tell.