DumaOS QoS not limiting bandwidth

JazzForYourSoul

Hi, I've got an issue with my DumaOS on the Netduma R1. As the title says, the router does not limit the bandwidth at all when "Anti-bufferbloat" is enabled.

I've confirmed this by setting Anti-bufferbloat to "Always" and running a speed test, which gave me the following results:

image.png.02afecaa73933c71909d95172098a7a3.png

And here is the speed test:

image.png.fa506de0d2f1f19e72409342c07d08ed.png

As you can see, the download isn't being limited, but the upload is which is seriously confusing me (other tests such as DSLReports show that the upload isn't being limited either).

These tests were done from my desktop - here is how I have everything set up:

ISP Modem <- Netduma R1 <- Desktop

Any ideas on what could be the issue?

R1 with DumaOS doesn't do VLAN tagging as far as I know, unless it was added recently (I have to go to old FW to use it)

PPPoE on R1 doesn't work well either though, it's hugely restrictive in terms of bandwidth. I have never really encountered QoS issues with it but I had it hooked up to a 200 mbit line where it maxed out at 50-55 Mbit on PPPoE on old FW, and even less on DumaOS.

You're better off putting it in another router's DMZ if you want to use it with that setup. Doesn't need to be a fancy thing, even a $60 Edgerouter X or something will do, or your ISP's own equipment as long as it handles the PPPoE details etc.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Vroomfondel1965 said:

Like I mentioned earlier, I have the same issue, have rebooted three times now, it goes then comes back. Unable to adjust download with slider but upload is normal. 

Are you using PPPoE details in the R1 WAN settings?

I've just restarted my R1, as well as my ISP modem and the issue is gone. DumaOS is still in beta, so I don't expect everything to work. Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions. The log is cleaner as well, no weird timeouts or anything.

image.png.9dfbf09fd6dfbdd0d0309dba8b28bc16.png

Thanks again.

Edited by JazzForYourSoul
Added picture of speed test

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using PPPoE details in the R1 WAN settings?

No but it's not a major problem, it's more of a fyi thing and to back up what the other guy was saying. It's happened a few times now and I reboot and it's back to normal. Thanks for the reply though.