Beta / New Firmware XR700

I see there is a firmware 1.0.1.18 hotfix but my router doesnt go further then 1.0.1.10 when checking for updates.

Is there some big differences between .18 and .10 ?

Is it stable also ?

On a XR700 btw.

Yes it is stable.

Firmware 1.0.1.18

Release Notes:

l   DumaOS version: v1.4.17

l   (new) support new devices type for device manager

l   (fix) fixes side effect that QoS and geo-filter not work properly when improving WAN-to-LAN throughput

l   (fix) fixes classification for “call of duty”, “Fortnite” and “League of Legends”

l   (fix) reduce time to load ping panel

Thank you very much for the release notes.

I just updated my firmware to .18 by uploading the unzipped file and do a restart after.

Are there anymore steps to do after updating firmware on the xr700 because I see my settings are still the same after updating (they didn't go to default) ?

Does anybody knows when putting Ps4 in DMZ with a static IP of course, should you disable UPNP or not ?

Because after i put my Ps4 in DMZ with UPNP enabled I still can see on the UPNP tab that it is opening ports for the Ps4.

I am new to the Netgear Duma world just bought it a week ago.

Guest Killhippie
On 10/14/2019 at 3:17 AM, Mobel said:

Thank you very much for the release notes.

I just updated my firmware to .18 by uploading the unzipped file and do a restart after.

Are there anymore steps to do after updating firmware on the xr700 because I see my settings are still the same after updating (they didn't go to default) ?

Does anybody knows when putting Ps4 in DMZ with a static IP of course, should you disable UPNP or not ?

Because after i put my Ps4 in DMZ with UPNP enabled I still can see on the UPNP tab that it is opening ports for the Ps4.

I am new to the Netgear Duma world just bought it a week ago.

Beta Hotfixes can cause off behaviour. No need to reboot the router afterwards, in fact let it sit for a few minutes and then do  factory reset (small hole on the back of the router i always prefer this method and make sure you are logged out of the router before doing it. Hold for 20 seconds or there about and wait for it to reboot (don't reboot it yourself) then when all the lights are back on, you can set it from scratch up but not from a backup. New firmware may have changes that are not compatible with the backup, low level stuff that's not needed or may make the router unstable sometimes. Netgear routers do seem to prefer this way of updating, especially if a lot has changed.

Thank you very much for giving me the right instructions, so i did it wrong i restarted the router after the update from the menu.

But will it still be good to factory reset the router in the appropriate way without being logged in and adjust all the settings after, or is it already like to late because i didn't do the right sequence ?

Guest Killhippie
16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There's nothing wrong with doing a reboot but it just won't really achieve anything. It would still be good to do a factory reset and set up from scratch.

True, but some people consider a reboot pulling the power which if the update has not 100% finished could brick the router. :)

3 hours ago, Killhippie said:

True, but some people consider a reboot pulling the power which if the update has not 100% finished could brick the router. :)

Fair. Should have specified a reboot from the interface.

Yeah that's what i did reboot from interface after updating and after that hard reset with sticking 20 sec in the reset pin hole.

Yeah used to do those rebooting also, press the small power button off on the back then take out AC cable leave it for like 15 mins off and i do always at the same time my modem also then after 10-15 mins put modem first on after modem fully online then I plug the router on 

Okay thank you didn't see that one, is it exactly the same like holding the pin in the back for 20+ sec ?

And what about turning power off on the back and plug power cable out for 15 min.

Yeah I think the factory reset option in the software is the same as holding the button on the back.

Unplugging for 15 minutes is more like a restart. It doesn't erase any settings but it does make sure that everything is clear, for example the RAM.