Recommended speeds?

Dada1495

Welcome to the forums!

With those kinds of speeds i'd recommend the XR500 over the R1.

Using an R1, QoS can sometimes throttle your connection due to the processing power used. This doesn't happen on the XR500.

That said, maybe your bandwidth is so high that you wouldn't want to use QoS anyway?

All of the DumaOS routers support Geo-Filter so if that's all you're interested in, the R1 will do fine for you.

Another important element is whether you will be using the WiFi functionality or not.

So when you're playing games, do you lag a lot when other people in the house start watching videos or doing downloads? That's what the QoS tools can sort out.

Geo-Filter can help you to block servers that are too far away or too high ping, meaning you'll only get low latency games.

6 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Welcome to the forums!

With those kinds of speeds i'd recommend the XR500 over the R1.

Using an R1, QoS can sometimes throttle your connection due to the processing power used. This doesn't happen on the XR500.

That said, maybe your bandwidth is so high that you wouldn't want to use QoS anyway?

All of the DumaOS routers support Geo-Filter so if that's all you're interested in, the R1 will do fine for you.

Another important element is whether you will be using the WiFi functionality or not.

Correct me if I’m wrong but anytime we set the sliders (CC), it throttles our connection. When they’re set at 70%, I now have 70% of my full speed, even on the XR500, right?

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but anytime we set the sliders (CC), it throttles our connection. When they’re set at 70%, I now have 70% of my full speed, even on the XR500, right?

If you were to do a speed test after setting to 70%, you would see the results as 70% of your overall speeds yes. I think Alex meant that the hardware of the R1 doesn't have the same capacity for speed as the XR500.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:03 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Si tuviera que hacer una prueba de velocidad después de establecer el 70%, vería los resultados como el 70% de sus velocidades generales, sí. Creo que Alex quiso decir que el hardware del R1 no tiene la misma capacidad de velocidad que el XR500.

entonces que pasa con ese 30% restante ?? a donde se va ???

Yo tengo el Anti-Bufferbloat 70% 70% pero hay veces noto que cuando un celular agregado a nuestra red wifi del R1 se me presenta LAG 

500 mbit download is no issue you could probably do without QoS and Anti bufferbloat.

But only 15 mbit upload is definitely an issue. It doesn't take a whole lot of traffic to cause lag in games and QoS is definitly a handy feature here.

• Administrators
On 10/13/2019 at 4:23 AM, BERNARDINO DE AGUAS said:

entonces que pasa con ese 30% restante ?? a donde se va ???

Yo tengo el Anti-Bufferbloat 70% 70% pero hay veces noto que cuando un celular agregado a nuestra red wifi del R1 se me presenta LAG 

That 30% is provides you with the ability to have all devices using the internet at once without affecting each other. Could you set up a new topic about this please and let us know what your physical setup is?