Temporary no internet for freshly connected devices

Okay well that all looks normal...

Does a newly connected device appear in the Device Manager? What IP address is a new device assigned at the time it connects? I wonder if this changes at all when it finally gets internet access?

As far as i looked it seems normal, device gets added to the manager with an ip address always increasing by 1 from the last one.

What i noticed is that both when a new device connects and even with an old one, whenever im checking the logs for whats happening, it takes a few seconds for the DHCP log to pop up. Before that happens my device has no internet.

• Administrators

Okay, if there is something to do with DumaOS then setting the router into AP mode should then bypass that. Could you set it to AP mode please and see if you get the same issue. If you do then we can narrow it down to probably a Netgear settings or hardware issue.

So uh, i have one issue with that.
After changing the router to AP mode i lose internet. (Phone gets stuck on assigning IP) and notebook (the only thing that stayed connected) doesn't get internet.

So i finally figured it out after i had to factory reset my phone.

When i did this i started getting no internet at all for my phone , even after a delay. I set everything to static and hard set my dns to google.

After i did this i had internet instantly.

After a bit of fiddling i figured out it is indeed my PiHole acting up(seems like my new ISPs way of doing stuff puts off my pihole, as before it had no problem). I am very sorry for wasting your time, you very correct from the beginning.

All i had to do was set my dns to a set one other than pihole on the phone AND flush my internet settings (seems like the pihole dns was getting cached so just changing without flushing didnt help, thats why i didnt notice. It stucks even through phone resets).

Thank you so much and sorry i wasted your time.

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, daexgx said:

So i finally figured it out after i had to factory reset my phone.

When i did this i started getting no internet at all for my phone , even after a delay. I set everything to static and hard set my dns to google.

After i did this i had internet instantly.

After a bit of fiddling i figured out it is indeed my PiHole acting up(seems like my new ISPs way of doing stuff puts off my pihole, as before it had no problem). I am very sorry for wasting your time, you very correct from the beginning.

All i had to do was set my dns to a set one other than pihole on the phone AND flush my internet settings (seems like the pihole dns was getting cached so just changing without flushing didnt help, thats why i didnt notice. It stucks even through phone resets).

Thank you so much and sorry i wasted your time.

It's never wasted time, don't worry! Super glad you got to the bottom of it, I'll make sure Alex sees what you did when he gets back in the office. If you need a hand with anything else just holler :)