Major loss of internet speed.

Humble

When I am connected to my Modem My speeds are at around 300 down / 11 up / 8-10 ping. 

Whenever I connect to my netduma my speeds drop to 50-80 down / 10 up / 15 ping. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

This may help:

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_is_my_speed_lower&s[]=bandwidth

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=fine_tune_netduma

but as a heads up in the next update the router developer is going to implement the ability to handle gigabit bandwidth.  Right now the it is limited to 125mb download.  But do the tweaking measures that I linked and you should be atleast able to attain those.  I hope this helps. 

Only thing i would add to firend above is that ping value from speed test its not a garte measure of ping.

The in game ping to the host its what you wont to be low. And you line base ping. This you cany easily find out by running internet daignostic on duma router.

Gentlemen,

I am facing a similar problem.

Connecting directly to ISP modem I get as shown below.

Ping 27 ms

Download: 49.82 Mb/s

Upload: 40.65

When connecting to the Netwuma, speeds dropdrtastically. This is with CC at 100%, connected to LAN, no other devices connected.

Ping 27

Down: 9.45

Up: 9.45

Usually, when connected to netduma router the speedtest software identifies me as being located in Columbia (cannot change this) with an ISP. from the US (strangely not in ths particular speedtest though). In reality I sit in middle Europe and have 3 hutchinson as my ISP.

I followed all instructions how to set up/test, etc. read forum entiresm wki, etc., the guide to speeds below 50 MB/s, took the IP6v6 off (in all 3 locations), preemptive, etc.

In any case, the games are unplayable when connected to netduma. When connecting directly to the moden/router of the ISP, it is a hit or miss depending on the lobby.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

PS wanted to place screenshots of the speedtests, but got a pop up that I am not allowed to post pictures. Why?

• Administrators

Hey welcome to the forum! You should be able to select the server on speedtest.net easily so you get one closer to your location. Have you put in your correct speeds into congestion control on the R1? Games shouldn't be unplayable, even with those speeds. What are your Geo-filter settings? I'm not sure, there may be an option preventing new members from posting pictures, upload to imgur or an equivalent and post the links here :)

Hi Fraser.

Not the issue to change the host for the speedtest. My own loation and ISP is identified incorrectly. Tried to change that in settings, but doesn't accept.

Speeds are set in the CC.

Just played some games with friends, all in my city. But opponents still lagging, yellow and red connection within COD AW. playing is like hit or miss when facing opponents.

Peer ping didnt show anything during this session (ticked/selected)

Also, looks like I do not understand how to use the red/green sliders to whitelist/block a host. In a game there are only what appears to be 2 white circles all the way to the left. Those I even see when console is off.

Thank you

• Administrators

Hi Fraser.

Not the issue to change the host for the speedtest. My own loation and ISP is identified incorrectly. Tried to change that in settings, but doesn't accept.

Speeds are set in the CC.

Just played some games with friends, all in my city. But opponents still lagging, yellow and red connection within COD AW. playing is like hit or miss when facing opponents.

Peer ping didnt show anything during this session (ticked/selected)

Also, looks like I do not understand how to use the red/green sliders to whitelist/block a host. In a game there are only what appears to be 2 white circles all the way to the left. Those I even see when console is off.

Thank you

Scroll to the bottom of any page on the R1 if you're on any version below 1.03.4 you'll need to upgrade by following these instructions carefully http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_updatethen once you've done that ensure auto and bleeding edge cloud are ticked and applied in settings > miscellaneous then see if that improves it, otherwise can you make a separate thread with all of this information here please http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=lag_support_instructions 

If you click on a circle/host a host descriptor box will pop up, you can input a name into the handle box, then you can drag the slider up or down. Clicking update will then put it below into Deny & Allow, if its in the red section it will be blocked. If its in the green section it will be allowed. You can move the area of the red or green sections by clicking and dragging the little triangle underneath them. So you could then theoretically block anything thats below 50% and allow anything above 50%. Does that make sense? If there is no update button that means its a dedicated server and we don't allow you to block those.

So it sounds like you've blocked 2 hosts already. 

Thanks Fraser!

I thought through the host deny&allow and you just confirmed my understanding. I got that one sorted.

For the first para of your reply: I should have mentioned that all this is done. Latest firmware, all these unticked, etc.

Should I experience the same again tomorrow, I will open a separate thread.

Thanks again and good night

Archived