XR300 GUI full of "nil" values

I recently upgraded from the R1 to the XR300 but so far I'm not impressed. The GUI seems really sluggish compared to the R1. But what is bothering me most right now is that the GUI has"nil" values all over the place. More than half the labels say "nil". Oddly, if I change the language to something other than English, the "nil"'s go away and (as near as I can tell) the right labels are there. Any thoughts on how to get this back on track?

Edit: Changing the Router IP back from 192.168.88.1 (my old R1 address) to the default 192.168.1.1 seems to have done the trick.

Screenshot 2019-09-04 22.22.56.png

• 2 months later...
On 9/5/2019 at 2:23 AM, Netduma Alex said:

The "nil" values disappeared after you changed the router IP? That's really interesting, thanks for updating us.

I  tried this and it does not work. In my case, I use an older firmware to fix it.

Screenshot - 2019-11-17T141538.752.png

Screenshot - 2019-11-17T141523.910.png

On 11/17/2019 at 2:53 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you try a factory reset on the latest firmware after upgrading to it? It may have been a legacy issue.

Yes, I'm keeping the 1.0.2.18. I think everything is going well with my XR 300.  I'm using, testing XR300 1.0.1.4_10.1.4 so far so good.

Edited by SM961

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that, thanks for the update!

Yep, Except that this firmware is not really perfect either, I'm experiencing things I don't experience with my R1 when I'm playing MP like really weird slow motion like I'm playing in a dialup, or a really bad saturated internet connection, another thing is the  Geo-Filter is connecting to faraway players even with my radius set and on the map it only shows one icon on the whole map during an entire gameplay. This is on BO3. Also, the players that I play with all show yellow bars, not green bars so my guess is that is connecting to faraway players even with my radius set, I don't use ping assist. My R1 always shows all players with full green bars.

• Administrators

It's probably all related, where is the server that you're connecting to? Keep in mind you can't influence how other players join the game and I would assume that with BO3 as the population is lower than say MW that players have to connect to further away servers in order to get a game.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's probably all related, where is the server that you're connecting to? Keep in mind you can't influence how other players join the game and I would assume that with BO3 as the population is lower than say MW that players have to connect to further away servers in order to get a game.

With the latest firmware update it will always connects me to Texas server. With the R1 it will always connects me to California and all the players will have full green bars 99% of the time, but the XR 300 and the latest firmware update is another story. 

20 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

That's very strange, I'd expect the results to be consistent across the two products.

You're not playing over wifi are you?

No, I'm not playing over Wi-Fi. 

I'm also experiencing lag when my internet gets saturated, this at 70 both ways, remind you that is 460 Mbps internet speed download and 20 Mbps upload, what I have observed when playing BO3 is that my computer will make me lag, I have different tabs on Google Chrome open with streaming movies to saturate my internet and YouTube at the same time for testing purposes and I think Anti Bluffer is not working sometimes because I will experience lag. 

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You're settings on the 300 mirror exactly the R1 for the Geo-Filter? That's why we recommend people to experiment with Anti-Bufferbloat as every connection is different so you may need to go lower than that.

Yes, I did set up the same. I try and lower my 70% to something different. 

• Administrators

Could you provide a screenshot with what happens on the 300 please? I'd suggest saturating your connection and then following this guide and trying different percentages to see what brings it down the most and keeps it stable: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

35 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide a screenshot with what happens on the 300 please? I'd suggest saturating your connection and then following this guide and trying different percentages to see what brings it down the most and keeps it stable: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

Which part you want the screnshot from? I only noticed the lag when I'm playing because my BO3 character will slow down when I had saturated my connection. The setting I'd like to use is  'Only When High Priority Traffic Detected'.

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

A screenshot showing the map connecting you to Texas rather than California. You can still do that but I would suggest following the guide first to get that percentage right.

Yes, that was with one of the firmware update I was using it it only show an icon over Texas which I think it was a server because the was the only icon showing up over Texas, but now that I think about it can you please point me in the right direction for the differents icons meanings? Remember I tried different firmwares to see which one works better. 

i dont know.. it seems the 300 firmware need some love.. i had a language bug as well

in MW i can only see the server wenn it search for a lobby.. after that i only see that one server.. 

and i have the feeling geoblocking didnt work very well with the xr300.. i cant see tickrates of server

and hell.. thats a lot of cpu usage wenn i open it in Firefox/chrome

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, SM961 said:

Yes, that was with one of the firmware update I was using it it only show an icon over Texas which I think it was a server because the was the only icon showing up over Texas, but now that I think about it can you please point me in the right direction for the differents icons meanings? Remember I tried different firmwares to see which one works better. 

Here you are, the only thing missing is the dashed circles which means it has been ping assisted. Page 7: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000071909-nighthawk-xr500-user-manual-guide-

9 minutes ago, blackfirehawk said:

i dont know.. it seems the 300 firmware need some love.. i had a language bug as well

in MW i can only see the server wenn it search for a lobby.. after that i only see that one server..

and i have the feeling geoblocking didnt work very well with the xr300.. i cant see tickrates of server

and hell.. thats a lot of cpu usage wenn i open it in Firefox/chrome

You don't see the servers all the time, you'll see them all once when you boot the game but then only some blocked ones (not always) and the one you have when searching for a game, that is normal. It uses the same software why don't you think it works well? You have to allow the Geo-Filter to auto ping in order to see the tickrates. What is the CPU usage you're seeing?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Here you are, the only thing missing is the dashed circles which means it has been ping assisted. Page 7: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000071909-nighthawk-xr500-user-manual-guide-

You don't see the servers all the time, you'll see them all once when you boot the game but then only some blocked ones (not always) and the one you have when searching for a game, that is normal. It uses the same software why don't you think it works well? You have to allow the Geo-Filter to auto ping in order to see the tickrates. What is the CPU usage you're seeing?

i dont see tickrate on any server.. i have checket auto ping and strickt

i have in crome on the geo filter map.. a cpu usage up to 20%

Unbenannt.PNG