XR300 GUI full of "nil" values

Guest Killhippie
15 hours ago, George said:

Yeah I couldn't agree more with that statement!

Which firmware are you rocking on your XR300?

I have a XR500 on 2.3.2.56 but moved on to a RAX120 after issues with the XR500,  awaiting DumaOS 3.0 to see if this fixes all the issues, which would be great.

1 hour ago, Killhippie said:

I have a XR500 on 2.3.2.56 but moved on to a RAX120 after issues with the XR500,  awaiting DumaOS 3.0 to see if this fixes all the issues, which would be great.

Yeah I know what you are saying. I have a feeling I will follow a similar route, as the XR300 Firmware is also full of issues at the moment. I just purchased my XR300 last week so I am thinking to return it and get my money back.  

Are you happy with the RAX120? Does it have any form of dynamic QoS?

Guest Killhippie
1 hour ago, George said:

Yeah I know what you are saying. I have a feeling I will follow a similar route, as the XR300 Firmware is also full of issues at the moment. I just purchased my XR300 last week so I am thinking to return it and get my money back.  

Are you happy with the RAX120? Does it have any form of QoS?

I'm bug testing it (I beta tested the alpha hardware for Netgear in 2018) now I'm helping bug test a full release retail unit. QoS isn't needed for myself really as I live on my own. The RAX120 has upstream QoS which is great for gaming but with a 2.2Ghz quad core 64bit CPU 1GB of ram and 512MB of Flash NAND and two 1.7Ghz dual core offset CPU's for DPI and QoS I get great results with QoS turned off or on. Range is great too as it has eight aerials built into the fins and I have a few AX clients so can use it at full speed and also use OFDMA which was added in the last update, its insanely fast, but AX (Wi-Fi 6i) s not ratified yet and wont be until mid 2020 now, so I would not buy one yet.

As it its though it work very well for my needs, great gaming and streaming, and when WPA3 comes about on clients its got that built in as well as as PMF (protected management frames) which basically means your Wi-Fi is protected from both eavesdropping and forging, and multicast management frames are protected from forging too. Its part of WPA3 but works with WPA2. I would give AX routers until late 2020/2021 though for prices to drop and new silicon to come out and for all the features in wave 2 to be ratified. Its seems to be taking longer than expected for Wi-Fi 6 to get ratification for some reason.

22 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

I would give AX routers until late 2020/2021 though for prices to drop

I was thinking the exact same thing just now that I was googling about the features of RAX120. Seems like a really solid choice, but to be fair after the experience I had with the XR300 I am kind of loosing faith in Netgear products in general

Guest Killhippie
4 hours ago, George said:

I was thinking the exact same thing just now that I was googling about the features of RAX120. Seems like a really solid choice, but to be fair after the experience I had with the XR300 I am kind of loosing faith in Netgear products in general

They make solid hardware and awful firmware. Best router they made Wi-Fi 5 wise was the R7800 using Voxels fork of Netgears firmware, that router is what the XR500 is built off, same hardware etc just the XR500 has 128mb more flash NAND. If i was in the market for a solid router with Qualcomm's streamboost QoS I would get the R7800 it has slightly better 5Ghz in my opinion than the XR500 and with Voxels firmware its patched properly and works really well. (voxels link to his firmware and he himself are on smallnetbuilder) Here's hoping the entire XR range gets the lift it needs this year, both from Netgear and with DumaOS 3.0. I'lll give it a go but it will take a lot to tear me away from the RAX120 now though but I will try it when released to see what its all about and if its fixed all the  current bugs, and hopefully there wont be to many new ones. It looks promising so far from what the Netduma guys have been showing.:)

14 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

I would get the R7800 it has slightly better 5Ghz in my opinion than the XR500 and with Voxels firmware its patched properly and works really well.

That sounds really interesting, cheers! 🙂

15 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Here's hoping the entire XR range gets the lift it needs this year, both from Netgear and with DumaOS 3.0.

Hopefully! I wish we had a release date for DumaOS 3.0 or some kind of confirmation for a bug fixing release prior to that because right now my XR300 is effectively useless. 

18 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

hopefully there wont be to many new ones

Amen to that! 🙂

• 6 months later...
23 minutes ago, Steve said:

Anyone ever figure this out? Just got an xr300 and I see "nil" everywhere. I saw a  admin post there would be an update? Lol

I was able to get around this by downgrading to the previous firmware. It sucks to do that but that's what I found to have worked.
https://kb.netgear.com/000061119/XR300-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-34

But I must warn you..there was a hot fix after this version that fixed a security vulnerability. So it is your responsibly to choose between glitch in the interface vs security vulnerability.

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Steve said:

Anyone ever figure this out? Just got an xr300 and I see "nil" everywhere. I saw a  admin post there would be an update? Lol

In 3.0 this will be fixed, there will be a beta for the 300 once the 500 beta results have deemed it stable enough.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In 3.0 this will be fixed, there will be a beta for the 300 once the 500 beta results have deemed it stable enough.

So in order to get a fix for this issue we will have to become Guinea pigs and install an unstable/beta version of the 3.0 firmware? Thanks but no thanks...

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, George said:

So in order to get a fix for this issue we will have to become Guinea pigs and install an unstable/beta version of the 3.0 firmware? Thanks but no thanks...

They are not that unstable and you can always revert to a previous firmware or wait for the full release.