Need help upnp broken

So my issue is I keep getting a moderate nat type. I upnp says is opening port 3074 but the game says its not. When I'm playing with my son he keeps getting kicked from the lobby and has to keep rejoining. I would really like to get this fixed cause it is for sure affecting my game play and is super annoying.

Hey purpleandgold, Does your sons PS4 also show Moderate Nat type?  To make sure this is a Nat issue remove your PS4 from the Geo then re add it.. Im not totally sure what the process is exactly but just trying to give you some help! What ports does upnp display atm? I have many things you could try. But I don't want to feed you a bunch of bs before we know what the cause really is..

Zippy. 

1 hour ago, Zippy said:

Hey purpleandgold, Does your sons PS4 also show Moderate Nat type?  To make sure this is a Nat issue remove your PS4 from the Geo then re add it.. Im not totally sure what the process is exactly but just trying to give you some help! What ports does upnp display atm? I have many things you could try. But I don't want to feed you a bunch of bs before we know what the cause really is..

Zippy. 

I dont think so. I think his is open nat. But I'll double check. I just added my console into the dmz. But I haven't been back on yet to see if that helped. I was just reading somewhere that the geo might be blocking the port so to turn it off and it on after I start the game or to do what you just said. I'm about to get back on and see if the dmz thing helped at all. If not I'll try what you said! Thanks zippy!

35 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Good luck! I do hope things are working for you now! Cheers man!

Zippy

playing with my son now. My console is open nat now so the dmz worked for mine now my sons console has a moderate nat. Any suggestions for that? He is hardwired into the netgear but not on my geofilter at all menaing I don't have their console entered into the geo.

• Administrators

You can't really have two consoles open NAT with using DMZ or port forwarding, it's quite difficult. The easiest way is to just use UPnP. Did you confirm if using UPnP and removing the device from the Geo-Filter resulted in both having an open NAT? Do both console network settings show NAT Type 2/Open NAT?  Being kicked from the lobby won't be to do with NAT especially if as you said he had open NAT. This is more likely to do with the fact that you're blocking games that he isn't. I'd speculate that adding both of your devices to the Geo-Filter would resolve that.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, acanadian said:

I agree that using UPNP is the easiest. It just seems that the XR500 isn't great at UPNP.  Hopefully this will be improved in 1.4

Same questions as above to you, can you see if it's open like that with just using UPnP?

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Same questions as above to you, can you see if it's open like that with just using UPnP?

Same answer as above. One device is open nat with upnp, the second moderate.

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, acanadian said:

Is this on the game or the console settings at all? For the moderate device try making a singular port forwarding rule for port 3075.

45 minutes ago, acanadian said:

53 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ok so you guys are right. You can't get open nats in game but on the network screen on the ps4 checking connection both consoles are nat2 which means open. So I have an open nat in game and he has a moderate. Yes I'm using upnp cause I don't know how to use port forwarding on this unit. I tried it and made a post and asked if I did it correctly and no one really chimed in to reply. Anyways for whatever reason it wouldn't let me in the game so it must've been wrong so I changed it back to upnp. For my sons console I tried to open port in traffic prioritization udp 3074 and that didn't work either. I haven't tried adding them to the geo yet though. I was kinda avoiding that cause I just want that with mine only. 

18 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

So my issue is I keep getting a moderate nat type. I upnp says is opening port 3074 but the game says its not. When I'm playing with my son he keeps getting kicked from the lobby and has to keep rejoining. I would really like to get this fixed cause it is for sure affecting my game play and is super annoying.

Have you tried changing the NAT Filtering setting from ‘Secured’ to ‘Open’.  It is on the Settings>WAN Setup page.

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

Ok so you guys are right. You can't get open nats in game but on the network screen on the ps4 checking connection both consoles are nat2 which means open. So I have an open nat in game and he has a moderate. Yes I'm using upnp cause I don't know how to use port forwarding on this unit. I tried it and made a post and asked if I did it correctly and no one really chimed in to reply. Anyways for whatever reason it wouldn't let me in the game so it must've been wrong so I changed it back to upnp. For my sons console I tried to open port in traffic prioritization udp 3074 and that didn't work either. I haven't tried adding them to the geo yet though. I was kinda avoiding that cause I just want that with mine only. 

I posted a reply in that topic today but try what Dilly suggested above and also port forwarding just 3075 for the moderate console.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I posted a reply in that topic today but try what Dilly suggested above and also port forwarding just 3075 for the moderate console.

Thanks for the info.  I prefer to not run the Nat filtering in less secure mode.  On xbox you can actually assign the port to use for live services so that you can port forward with confidence.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, acanadian said:

Thanks for the info.  I prefer to not run the Nat filtering in less secure mode.  On xbox you can actually assign the port to use for live services so that you can port forward with confidence.

Totally understandable, yes that would be a good option as well!