Network Upload/Download Limiting doesn't go below 0.5Kbps

I have a Netgear Nughthawk XR500 with the latest firmware (as of this morning). I need to limit the upload/download limit of a set-top box and other devices at certain times. For the same of example, let's say I have 10Mbps download limit and 1Mbps upload limit from my ISP (that is my line speed).

Now for the set-top box, I want to limit it to 200K for upload. To test the settings, I have removed all other devices from my router and no other device will use any upload or download (nothing is connected).

I have disabled "Share Excess Bandwidth" in both upload and download options of QoS. The upload limit is set to .2 (200Kbps) for the set-top box.

When the upload resumes, the upload traffic from the set-top box creeps up to 0.5/0.6 Kbps (observed via network monitor tab). If I increase the limit to 1MBps, it takes it all and creeps all the way to 1MBps. I have tried changing the anti-bufferbloat options to never also.

To test it further, I tried same experiment with my PS4 and XBOX and they show same behaviour. 

So my question is: Is there a soft-limit of 0.5KBps for upload and download on the router?

Thanks,

Immy

2 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

So you're saying that if you set the bandwidth limit to 0.2MB, it only goes down to 0.5MB? I'm having trouble understanding.

If I set upload limit to 0.2MB, it still allows the device to use  0.5MB upload bandwidth. Does this make it clear?