COD Unplayable

- Hello

I'm having issues with all of the COD titles, it feels like everyone is hyper speed and i'm a slow turtle. The hit detection is non existent and it feels like my controller fights my movements. I just purchased the Asus MX279h gaming monitor and it still feels like i;m a second behind. What could be the problem?

• Administrators

Hey Vance, firstly scroll to the bottom of any page on the R1. If you have a version less than 1.03.4 you'll need to update by following these instructions carefully http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_updateonce you have done that make sure you follow this optimal settings guide http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=fine_tune_netduma then ensure its settings > miscellaneous that auto and bleeding edge cloud are ticked and then apply. Let us know how you get on after doing these please :)

I have the latest firmware and have tried all of the optimal settings and I still have to shoot a whole clip into an enamy to kill. If I see an enamy I have to drop shot, If I don't i know they will kill me first even though I saw them first from my point of view.

• Administrators

What are you pinging to these games? 

You can try these suggestions as well

1. Set your home location, then put the distance really small, press the 'Snap' button a few times to auto expand the Geo-filter to an optimum size for getting games.
  2. Increase the Geo-filter to include the padlock so you get into that game.
  3. Disable strict mode, this will allow more games to be connected to, please note they may appear outside of your filter.
  4. Move your home until you get a different host or padlock appear (you may have to restart the game but may not) and bare in mind our anti-cheat if you connect to games and continue to try and find other hosts.
Do an internet diagnosis test as well and then post the results here.

I'll post the diagnostics when I get home, but the last time I checked everything was exceptional. I get a 100 down and 10 up, my ISP is Cox Communications. I haven't had a smooth gameplay in months, everybody looks jittery on the screen.

Just to check, are you wired or wifi?

What system are you playing on? I am on Ps4 and about every 5-6 months I rebuild the database on it.

When was the last time you rebooted the router?

No trying to be negative but AW is busted.The best results you can hope for is win some lose some as far as connection's go.You just can't fix bad coding on a busted game.

My advice is enjoy the good games you have on AW and if those don't happen very often then play the older titles as they work great with the duma.

Quick Update -

I moved my home location to Tennesse from Oklahoma and clicked on strict mode and the gameplay was smooth again, hit detection was" "spot on"  and the movement of the controller was precise. I'm playing Ghost at the moment and got a maniac and was on a killing spree and got another maniac and didn't have time to use one because I was beastin! I believe the Seattle server is dog doodoo because i played some more later in the night and it would only connect me to Seattle. It takes a little while to get back in the groove of good aiming when you had to spray and pray every game.  I just hope it continues to play as good as it did last night.

Thanks Netduma Army!

You can continue this to avoid dedis that play bad.

Any dedi can be inconsistent. In this game one day they play good and another days not.

Is good that you have a technique to altlest try to counter act this.Use it next time you will struggle with some dedi.

#DUMAARMY

You can continue this to avoid dedis that play bad.

Any dedi can be inconsistent. In this game one day they play good and another days not.

Is good that you have a technique to altlest try to counter act this.Use it next time you will struggle with some dedi.

#DUMAARMY

Agreed, you just have to continue to tweak, but that's what makes this router BADASS! Control at your discretion.

I remeber at the very beging that Iain sad the gooal it to give the control back to the player. Nice to see it coming true months afterwards

Archived