To everyone and anyone with ANY knowledge of DumaOS and the nighthawk XR300, help a fellow gearhead out! Brief backdrop of my current situation. Just purchased a CM700 modem and an XR300 pro gaming router to escape xfinitys stronghold and limitations. I’ve always had an issue with xfinitys hardware! All their modems/routers were “defective” which resulted in poor connection, multiple techs sent out to my home, constant device swaps. So I took the initiative to escape that misery. I was so anxious for my new hardware. Tried optimizing settings on DumaOS but no luck! I game on a PS4 Pro which is hardwired to the XR300. I live in Illinois. I mostly play Fortnite. ISP is Xfinity/150MBPs. My issue is, Geo filtering doesn’t work. Ping is high 30’s. Before I was getting 20-23. . When I try to configure settings via Geo Filter I’m shown “Nil 2.5” “Nil” with an adjustable bar. And under that “Nil” with a checkmark. I pinned geo filter to my dashboard to monitor my ping and it doesn’t measure my latency/ping,  for example I should be shown “12ms”, instead it’ll indicate “Nil”, no actual values. Someone, anyone, help! I purchased these for the sake of optimizing performance! I feel like I’m not getting the most out of my new hardware!  Also, if anyone can suggest specific configurations/settings, it would greatly be appreciated! This is all very new to me! Thank you to you all in advance! Looking forward to your replies! 

Ozzi

46BDD54F-D0C6-4EC8-951E-FCC3768449E6.jpeg

3AAFC6C4-A464-4B01-9EEE-71DD76AF0875.jpeg

CC4A30CB-75D8-4109-9E3C-C070C1B663CE.jpeg

AF768FAB-A575-4ED3-BAA2-5E0ABB85CF55.jpeg

Hi Ozzi, welcome to the forums!

That "nil" error you're talking about is a known bug, it seems that numbers aren't displaying correctly in the ping graph.

In my email to you I asked you to check you're on the latest version, but it seems you are. Maybe download it manually from the following link and upload it just in case: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/xr300.aspx#Firmware Version 1.0.3.34 

Regarding your ping, we'll probably need to adjust your settings a bit. If you have access to a PC i'd recommend running PingPlotter using the following guide so that we can see what kind of ping you're getting: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/

The ping could be caused by other users of your network in your house, or it could be a dodgy connection to the game server. PingPlotter will help us to narrow it down. Leave it running on your PC for a few minutes and send a screenshot.

All the best,
Alex