58 - 3 Gameplay #NetDumaGameplay #DUMArmy #OpenWRT

N3CR0

1 hour ago, N3CR0 said:

OpenWRT on a BT Home Hub then R1 behind it.

Could you please share with me the purpose & how this works? Sounds interesting as I have a Netgear R7000 that’s capable of using Open WRT. Right now it’s connected behind my R1 as usual, only used for WIFI. Wondering what effect if any, I’d get from a Modem - R7000 (with OpenWRT) - Duma R1 - Xbox??

I assume the reason he's using OpenWRT on the Home Hub is because Home Hubs are ridiculously limited by design. Oh sorry, I meant "simplified".

I would imagine that the Netgear R7000 is perfectly capable but perhaps there's things on OpenWRT that would be useful? Look up the feature set of OpenWRT to see if there's anything you would need, I guess...

Oh I should say that any router you install OpenWRT on, including ours, would have it's warranty voided by this action! Just making sure you know the risk.

I bought the HH with OpenWRT already on it. I wanted to try out OpenWRT so bought a cheap router, would like to buy a better router to run it on but don't see much point since I have line problems that my ISP can't be bothered to fix so will probably be ditching fibre next year anyways.

Well if the ADSL speeds are okay in your area that might be an idea. I couldn't ditch fibre myself because my ADSL speeds are 0.5mb 😰

Although I guess now that I have the POWER OF THE DUMA in my corner, I could just use some harsh anti-bufferbloat to keep things moving

56 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Well if the ADSL speeds are okay in your area that might be an idea. I couldn't ditch fibre myself because my ADSL speeds are 0.5mb 😰

Although I guess now that I have the POWER OF THE DUMA in my corner, I could just use some harsh anti-bufferbloat to keep things moving

Nope. I stream so can't go on ADSL. Will be going back to Virgin cable since thats the only other option.