Hybrid VPN

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
11 hours ago, dyl4n20 said:

I am having the same issues. Using HMA. Mine connects but doesn’t actually work or filter any connection. Same with the “0.0undefinedB” app.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

How have you added the device you wanted it applied to on the VPN Traffic Panel? How are you testing if it is working?

Any news on a fix for DNS leak? Just purchased the xr500 and it leaks using express vpn. Wish I would have researched better, I wouldnt have bought this thing! 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, dennD said:

Any news on a fix for DNS leak? Just purchased the xr500 and it leaks using express vpn. Wish I would have researched better, I wouldnt have bought this thing! 

There will likely not be a fix until our next firmware version DumaOS 3.0 is released but I couldn't say when that would be, we want to do a beta soon. Meanwhile you can change the DNS on the router to the VPN DNS or use a VPN Client if using for the PC.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 4:44 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

There will likely not be a fix until our next firmware version DumaOS 3.0 is released but I couldn't say when that would be, we want to do a beta soon. Meanwhile you can change the DNS on the router to the VPN DNS or use a VPN Client if using for the PC.

How can I sign up for the beta?

• Administrators
On 3/29/2020 at 3:12 PM, PurpleHaze said:

How can I sign up for the beta?

We'll make an official signup closer to the time but people are using this topic as an informal signup thread for now: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29487-announcement-the-future-of-dumaos-version-30

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/1/2020 at 5:41 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

We'll make an official signup closer to the time but people are using this topic as an informal signup thread for now: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29487-announcement-the-future-of-dumaos-version-30

Hi i seen the update was available, i was hoping it would of included a fix for this but it did not. please help, I only got this router because of the "VPN support".

Netgear VPN screenshot..png

1 hour ago, PurpleHaze said:

Hi i seen the update was available, i was hoping it would of included a fix for this but it did not. please help, I only got this router because of the "VPN support".

Did you factory reset after installing the upgrade? Could you confirm that you're now upgraded to version 2.3.2.130?

20 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Did you factory reset after installing the upgrade? Could you confirm that you're now upgraded to version 2.3.2.130?

Hi i did not, should I factory reset it? and yes I upgraded to version 2.3.2.130

• Administrators
5 hours ago, PurpleHaze said:

Hi i did not, should I factory reset it? and yes I upgraded to version 2.3.2.130

It is generally recommended yes. You'll need to use the config files manually instead of basic for the moment and then it should work.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've been reading these topic's posts trying to find a solution to my problem, but everything is related to Australia issues. I live in Southamerica (Ecuador) and I've been trying to setup my vpn account (hidemyass) to different locations (Mexico,Brazil, USA) but still haven't been able to connect my xr700's hybrid vpn. I'm willing to make this work for videogaming purposes (I own an Xbox one). Is it possible to make it work? 

P_20220110_114203.jpg

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Dio said:

Hi, I've been reading these topic's posts trying to find a solution to my problem, but everything is related to Australia issues. I live in Southamerica (Ecuador) and I've been trying to setup my vpn account (hidemyass) to different locations (Mexico,Brazil, USA) but still haven't been able to connect my xr700's hybrid vpn. I'm willing to make this work for videogaming purposes (I own an Xbox one). Is it possible to make it work? 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We need to update the configs we have on file so you'll need to obtain the config files from them directly and then set it up with the Advanced Setup on HybridVPN and then it should work