Settings not appearing

Hi there.

Just bought and installed an XR500. All network devices are appearing, and WAN was properly set up. However, when I go to Settings I get... nothing. Just a blank red screen. All other menu items work fine, just Settings.

Interestingly, if I look at the R-Apps in System Information I have a play icon next to the Settings R-App, suggesting to me that it may not be running, unfortunately clicking on anything in the R-Apps window does nothing. I also can't see anything in the logs that may indicate an error starting the app.

Updated to the current firmware, no change. Rebooting, no change. Haven't done a factory reset yet, since I can't access settings to do so.

Help?

Guest Killhippie
17 minutes ago, Uncle_Jim said:

Hi there.

Just bought and installed an XR500. All network devices are appearing, and WAN was properly set up. However, when I go to Settings I get... nothing. Just a blank red screen. All other menu items work fine, just Settings.

Interestingly, if I look at the R-Apps in System Information I have a play icon next to the Settings R-App, suggesting to me that it may not be running, unfortunately clicking on anything in the R-Apps window does nothing. I also can't see anything in the logs that may indicate an error starting the app.

Updated to the current firmware, no change. Rebooting, no change. Haven't done a factory reset yet, since I can't access settings to do so.

Help?

Looking at the router from the front on the right hand side at the back is a small hole with a recessed button to do a factory reset, its near the LED off/on switch, use a paper-clip or something similar, hold for 20 seconds or so then release and that will perform a factory reset, let the router reboot, give it a few minutes to settle down and then set it up again, hopefully that will sort your issue out. :)

1 hour ago, Killhippie said:

Looking at the router from the front on the right hand side at the back is a small hole with a recessed button to do a factory reset, its near the LED off/on switch, use a paper-clip or something similar, hold for 20 seconds or so then release and that will perform a factory reset, let the router reboot, give it a few minutes to settle down and then set it up again, hopefully that will sort your issue out. :)

Factory reset the router. No change.

22 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Try @Killhippie's suggestion first.

If that doesn't work, try the following link: http://192.168.1.1/desktop/index.html?cache=0#com.netdumasoftware.ngportal

Apologies for the multipost, couldn't edit the quote into the earlier one.

That seemed to work. And I can go to Settings from the menu as normal.

Will I need to manually use that link every restart of the router, or is something now fixed?

Thanks, I'd been tearing my hair out!

I'm still trying to figure this one out. It looks like the Settings link in the interface isn't loading the correct section, but going directly to that section's URL does load it. Could be a bug.

Are you running the latest firmware?

2 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

I'm still trying to figure this one out. It looks like the Settings link in the interface isn't loading the correct section, but going directly to that section's URL does load it. Could be a bug.

Are you running the latest firmware?

I believe so, V2.3.2.40

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

May have been a caching issue on your browser, if that was the case then should be fixed now it loaded correctly.

The page loads fine under Edge, but has gone blank again in Chrome. Clearing the browser cache didn't change anything though.

Interestingly, everything works fine with your URL (192.168.1.1) in Chrome, but doesn't work with the URL routerlogin.com.

Easy workaround on my end, but odd behaviour.

Are you using a VPN extension by any chance with Chrome? I have zenmate and if on can’t access unless I put the IP address in. Turning it off allows access, just a thought.

• Administrators

Adding to the above, do you have any extensions installed? Especially any AdBlockers? If so use incognito chrome does that work? If it does then try to whitelist the interface in the AdBlock settings.