Best settings for achieve full speeds netduma r1.

AzeRuS94

Hello everyone, I have the netduma r1 with duma OS and I want to know the best settings for achieve full speeds wired for my gaming pc and also wireless for other devices. I have a 300/300mb connection, my setup is this ISP router----netduma r1----all devices.  I live in a very big house and I want to get the highest speeds possible. Thanks.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The easiest way to do this would be to disable QoS fully under Anti-Bufferbloats options, does that work for you?

Already disable and only getting 250-260mb download and upload 170mb, no devices connected only the pc wired. With the isp router wired I get 295/295.

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Seems like that might be your limit for some reason, I assume you're not using PPPoE or anything like that? Are any devices connected to the ISP modem/router?

I'm not using ppoe and everything is connected to the netduma.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you able to put it in modem mode? That would be the better setup. Would also ensure no devices connect to it by accident and pull bandwidth from the router.

how do I put it as modem mode? The isp router is the  huawei hs8546v5.

• Administrators

I couldn't find specific details on your router but if you can't find any information on its interface for either modem mode or bridge mode (next best thing, better than DMZ) then you may need to contact your ISP and see if they can put it in modem or bridge mode.

On 6/2/2019 at 8:43 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I couldn't find specific details on your router but if you can't find any information on its interface for either modem mode or bridge mode (next best thing, better than DMZ) then you may need to contact your ISP and see if they can put it in modem or bridge mode.

Can this be the option for bridge mode??? 

Screenshot_20190605-223758_Chrome.jpg

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that should do it! 

Today I'm going to buy the xr300 or xr500, but I don`t which one to buy? What are the differences between both. My main goal is a strong wifi coverage.

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that should do it! 

Do you know how to disable the wifi of my isp router? Becuase I've read that is better to have it disabled. Is the wlan option?? Because the isp router have 2.4ghz and 5ghz, I don,t want to mess up anything on the isp router.

1 minute ago, RehivaE said:

Do you know how to disable the wifi of my isp router? Becuase I've read that is better to have it disabled. Is the wlan option?? Because the isp router have 2.4ghz and 5ghz, I don,t want to mess up anything on the isp router.

You should turn both 2.4 and 5GHz off. WLAN basically means WiFi, so you should turn that off.

Put the ISP router into bridge mode if you can. If not, put your XR500 into the DMZ of your ISP router.

To do this, go to the System Information section of the XR500, write down the WAN IP, and put this WAN IP into the DMZ settings on your ISP router.

• 2 weeks later...

@Netduma Alex quick question. My ISP provided me with a modem (ONT) and router. What I did was unplug my router completely and plugged the Nighthawk XR500 to the modem (ONT). Is that the correct way?  ISP is Verizon Fios with 940up/800down plan. Router Is Verizon FiOS Quantum Gateway G1100 AC1750.

Will try at home after work. I have an old ass laptop that struggles to load Google. Oh also, when I plug my laptop to the router (Nighthawk) it says no ethernet detected? But it can detect WiFi? Also the link you provided says R1 I have a Nighthawk XR500, does it matter?

Edited by BugsAndGlitches-
Forgot to add

Hold on... I might have got this thread confused with another one! I thought we were in the R1 forum, and I thought you posted an R1 screenshot...

I have never seen that error message come up on an XR500, so I always assumed it was an R1 exclusive thing...

Anyway, disregard what I said about the firmware! If you're using an XR500 then I can only assume you're on the latest firmware anyway.