No dedi server in Aus for Apex Legends?

Yo DumaFam!

Just wondering if there are any admins or Aussies on here that can help me out. So I notice that when  starting the game and connecting to the servers the Sydney Dedi appears but I never connect to it. Always shows me being connected to somewhere in the US, UK or China. As soon as I put on either Filtering Mode or Strict Mode I am disconnected from the servers. 

On PS4 btw.

Please help me out 😕

56 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Hmm, what's your ping when you connect to the US, UK or China? Is it high enough that the distance travelled seems realistic? Or could it be that we've got a server marked in the incorrect location?

The ping seems to be showing as it would if I was joining the Sydney server. I think it could be that the Aus servers are misplaced. If I set the geo on Australia It won't let me connect to any servers. When I'm chilling in like the game menu I'm constantly connected to some other country and my ping is like 200-300. I guess we get routed through like data servers in the US and UK ? 

Have you pressed the FLUSH CLOUD button recently? Just to make sure you're on the most recent location data. It might be that we have to update this info ourselves.

There's a form on the post linked below into which you can put servers that you think are mislocated. It's a hassle obviously but we'd appreciate it: 

2 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Have you pressed the FLUSH CLOUD button recently? Just to make sure you're on the most recent location data. It might be that we have to update this info ourselves.

There's a form on the post linked below into which you can put servers that you think are mislocated. It's a hassle obviously but we'd appreciate it: 

Yo dude I recorded this video showing both my PS4 and Router simultaneously to demonstrate what's happening. You'll have to watch it in full screen to read the servers etc. @Netduma Fraser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQM-xwCbwXM

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, SwiftCookie said:

Yo dude I recorded this video showing both my PS4 and Router simultaneously to demonstrate what's happening. You'll have to watch it in full screen to read the servers etc. @Netduma Fraser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQM-xwCbwXM

I'm getting video unavailable on this, is it set to private?

It never joins the dedi in Sydney when I matchmake for a game. The server I join when I find a game in that video isn't the Sydney dedicated one, always Peer. 

If I set it to filtering mode I can't even connect to the EA servers when I start the game up. 

When I start the game and connect to EA servers it always puts me in the US or UK. 

I choose the Sydney data server every time when I start the game and it never connects to it.

If I try and matchmake with Filtering on and over all of Aus it will search, join a Dedi in UK or US and then time out. The only time I see the Sydney Dedicated server is when I first load up the game :/ I'm so damn confused as to what's happening. If I allow you access to my router and I start up the game a few times and then join servers etc on ps4 would you want to? 

In the most recent screenshots, I notice that ping assist has allowed a server from america because it's got a very good ping... Obviously this is a case of the server being mislocated in our database. In case you didn't know, the dotted line around a server or player represents that they were allowed through the geo-filter because they meet your ping assist requirements. The little server icon that appears in the UK is probably an authentication server. We are considering changing the way that authentication servers are displayed to make this clearer.

In your previous video, we can see that the game initially connects to a high ping server while in the menu, maybe an authentication server, but for the game itself connects to a pretty decent server. Apex Legends is strange because no matter where you set your location in game, the servers it chooses seem kind of random. It might be a bug, or it might be that there are no servers near you that aren't full at the time.

Since the location functionality seems a bit iffy at the moment, my recommendation would be to keep ping assist turned on and just use that, since it seems to be getting you some reasonable servers.

And in that second screenshot, with the very clearly mislocated server, that's something that you could post in the mislocated servers form.

Yeah I do know the icons on the Geo filter. I never connect to the Sydney Dedicated server when I matchmake, always P2P. If I set the ping assist anywhere below 200ms it'll kick me from the servers everytime. Geo filter only makes things worse in this game :( Legit the only time I even see the Sydney Dedicated server is when I first boot up the game and it pings them all. Not once do I connect to it 😕

4 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Hm, strange... Maybe it's busy the whole time? Unlikely I know.

Defs not that, doesn't connect to it any time of day :/ The only feature I can use for this game on PS4 is the Anti-Bufferbloat :( I contacted the devs of the game but obviously no answer there.

1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

Well that's not strictly true, you can use anti-bufferbloat and ping filter. It's just the geo-filter that seems to not be working.

I just wish I could connect to the dedicated server in Sydney, all I get are P2P lobbies. Mind you they are always around the 30-40ms mark but with spikes (They appear all over the world at times with the same 30-40ms.)

Here's a video showing no matter what settings I set in DumaOS it always puts me on a dedi overseas for the main menu and then P2P servers when in game. 

https://youtu.be/S4F-X6LX6z0

@Netduma Fraser So the first image is the dedicated Sydney server that is pinged upon launching the game. The others are random lobbies I joined whilst playing, I'm wondering if they're being  mislocated and wrongfully displayed as Peers....It's weird because when launching the game it shows the dedicated Sydney server in the right location and as it being a dedicated server, but when joining lobbies it's never seen......

Dedicated Upon Launch.png

Peer or Ded 1.png

Peer or Ded 3.png

Peer or Dedi 2.png

Game Launch Pings.png

• Administrators

You’re not in filtering mode in that last image? Because nothing is being blocked. 

From your video, location and distance are good. But ping assist at 0 will be a problem because it won’t allow mislocated Australian servers. Please set it to 50ms. 

15 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

You’re not in filtering mode in that last image? Because nothing is being blocked. 

From your video, location and distance are good. But ping assist at 0 will be a problem because it won’t allow mislocated Australian servers. Please set it to 50ms. 

If I turn on filtering mode I can't connect to any servers including the main menu 😕

Hey btw, do you know why the only time I see Sydney Dedicated server is when I first load up the game? All the servers I join in game are listed as peers with different id's to the dedicated server. It's so weird. 

On 5/28/2019 at 11:36 PM, Netduma Alex said:

I put the geo-filter over sydney and these were my results. I had some trouble connecting to the game but it worked on the second try.

2019-05-28.png

Yeah I can see them and choose them too but DumaOS never shows me connected to a dedicated server in Sydney when in the main menu or in game :/ The only time there's any indication of the Sydney server is when the game's first launched and they appear in the GeoFilter. In the main menu I always get connect to a high ping server in the US or UK and then when I search for a game it shows me playing on a P2P server in Australia and sometimes overseas. I started up the game numerous times and pinged all the Aussie dedicated servers until I had 4 of them saved. Not once have I ever seen them whilst matchmaking or in game once I've passed this initial launch screen. 

In games like COD it always shows me when I'm currently on the dedicated server in Sydney whilst in game and matchmaking etc. 

Yeah if you have time to test it sometime, thanks.

Also If I set my geo radius over just Australia I get kicked from the servers everytime after a game because it tries to put me on a dedicated server overseas whilst in the menus.