Modem>DDWRT>Netduma

Elrod

I am trying to run this setup. I have the modem/routercombo bridged with the DDWRT mac in passthrough. If I connect to the ddwrt all is fine and PS4 AW(Advanced Warfare) is NAT:OPEN. I then hook the netduma to the DDWRT and set the NetDuma wan ip as DMZ within the DDWRT. Then the PS4 is hooked to the NetDuma and is NAT: Moderate. My goal is Open Nat and to be able to script and use Netduma. Any suggestions? Thanks Wes

Disable your geo-filter when booting up: The geo-filter can give the NAT test a false result. If you have an open NAT with the geo-filter disabled then you will also have an open NAT with it enabled even though the console says otherwise.

Playstation reports Type 2: This is the best playstation NAT code and  it means you are open and protected.

If you still don't have an open NAT. Please go to “Settings > Port Forwarding” on the Netduma router and delete all entries. Then go to “Settings > UPnP” and make sure it is enabled.

Also make sure that any port forwarding rules from your primary router have been deleted.

Finally make sure all your consoles have automatic ip setup.

Hope this helps.

I have done everything you said and it still shows moderate. I have been having troubles hearing all my party members, but since it is 12.53 AM here in the USA(Virginia) I will have to test it tomorrow when my friends are online. Thanks, Wes

• Administrators

Yes please try doing a hard turn off on the PS4. We won't allow you to script through the Netduma. If you want to do that, you can discuss that with Luke but that means a lot of work/orders as we need to protect our IP. 

I have done a hard reset. Still no luck. I even reset every device to default and set it up again to make sure I did not miss something and it is still moderate. Scripting is no.1 to me, I have to figure something out or disconnect the Netduma. Thanks for all the help, Wes

• Administrators

Hi,

Fraser asked me to comment in this thread.

We do not allow scripts to be run on the router unless you have a partnership agreement with us. However to do so you'd need to order a significant number of units. If you'd like to discuss that please email [email protected]

As I've done with other customers I'm happy to remotely change a setting permanently like a routing table entry or LAN subnet. 

Best,

Iain

I believe it is allowing them the ability to write custom software which can run on the router.

Scripts can simplify existing repetitive configs

Can enable features which might otherwise be impossible.

But Iain can probably explain it better.

I understand protecting your software by not allowing the scripting on the router, but can someone tell me why I cannot get OPEN NAT with ddwrt in the middle even without scripting? Just to let you know I am not trying to do anything shady to you guys or to the Netduma, I just simply like to script. For example I have one party member who if I play with always screws up my connection and his, but if I throttle my connection to only his ip (384 up/down) the problem is solved and he says it fixes it for him too. Thanks Wes

• Administrators

If you have an open NAT with DD-WRT then it is either one or more of the following:

• you have port forward rules in DD-WRT make sure you delete them
  • you have to make sure dmz is forwarding all traffic to netduma WAN IP
  • make sure UPnP is enabled on the Netduma and you can see entries appearing in "Settings > UPnP" when you turn on the playstation
  • make sure the Geo-Filter is disabled when you do the test (you can get false reports otherwise)

Others that were asking, scripting is essentially the same as executing code on the router. Scripting allows you to execute commands using an imperative like language. Its similar to batch files in Windows but far more versatile.  

• Administrators

Hey Elrod,

I understand your intentions are benign but we cannot let you run scripts on the router without a partnership agreement. But as mentioned before if you need a few settings changed that are not available in Settings menu let Fraser know and we can change them remotely. Thanks

For whatever reason I have to completely erase the geo service for ps4 before startup then re implement it. Disable is not working. It is open now. Thanks Wes

• Administrators

For whatever reason I have to completely erase the geo service for ps4 before startup then re implement it. Disable is not working. It is open now. Thanks Wes

Sorry I don't understand what that means?

If you just click 'Disable' under the Service at the top of host-filtering page that will disable it. If you get an Open NAT it means your NAT is actually open just the Geo-Filter is blocking the server so it thinks its closed. So just keep the Geo-Filter enabled all the time and ignore the false report :)

It would not say open until I deleted the rule PlayStation PA. Then it started showing Open. Disable would not change it from moderate to open. Now it stays open without even disabling it. Doesn't make any sense but its true. :)

Disable your geo-filter when booting up: The geo-filter can give the NAT test a false result. If you have an open NAT with the geo-filter disabled then you will also have an open NAT with it enabled even though the console says otherwise.

Geofilter Enabled - the red button will say Disable

Geofilter Disabled - the red button will say Enable.

Archived