Bricked Router?

sounds like it is likely you have bricked your router. I suggest uplugging it completely for 5 minutes then try to access it by typing routerlogin.net into your browser address bar, but make sure you delete your browser cache 1st. 

• Administrators

Disconnect the router from the ISP hub so only power is connected. Connect via port 2 through ethernet and try accessing through 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.88.1 do you gain access then? 

If that doesn't work hold down the reset button for 25-30 seconds. If that doesn't work unplug the router from power for 24 hours and then try again.

• Administrators

Just focus on getting access to the interface not the internet for now, could you access using any of the above? If not have it unplugged from the power for 24 hours as that gives it time to clear up.

I'm not sure if I followed the right procedure but I unplugged the router from my hub and the I hooked the router back to the ISP hub but put the lan cable in port 2 and tried to reach the interface I also attempted to reach the interface with the Duma not hooked to the ISP hub and a lan cable wired in port 2 to my laptop

• Administrators

The second one was correct yes, so just power and port 2 to PC. Do a factory reset using the button in the back if you haven't done so already, if you have then unplug it from the power for 24 hours and after that try and access the interface again. 

Could you try connecting to port 2, 3, 4 or whatever, basically not the WAN port, and try doing ipconfig? Share the results with us.

Also just to be clear, what do you mean when you say it's not working? Do you have internet? Can you access the router interface? Are you seeing an error message?

• 1 month later...