Wan problems?

FlexJ

• Administrators

I couldn't find out much about the device online, only that it is likely a wireless device. Appears a device may have tried to connect to your WiFi network or interface using incorrect details. If you aren't aware of a device that tried to do this then it may be a third party trying to gain access. They would have been within WiFi range so it could be a neighbour or a person passing by potentially. It could even be as innocent as a device trying to connect to any wifi if it's available, believe there might be an option like this on iPhone. Either way I'd change your WiFi/login details to be more secure just in case.

Guest Killhippie
On 5/4/2019 at 1:12 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I couldn't find out much about the device online, only that it is likely a wireless device. Appears a device may have tried to connect to your WiFi network or interface using incorrect details. If you aren't aware of a device that tried to do this then it may be a third party trying to gain access. They would have been within WiFi range so it could be a neighbour or a person passing by potentially. It could even be as innocent as a device trying to connect to any wifi if it's available, believe there might be an option like this on iPhone. Either way I'd change your WiFi/login details to be more secure just in case.

iPhones don't automatically just try to join a network, that has to be done manually, much like with Android I imagine. I had this once and it was an old Blu-ray player I had sold to a neighbour, I had forgotten to wipe the network information from its Wi-Fi settings but since the password for my router had changed I was getting this message as his device still had my SSID for 5Ghz. I changed my SSID for 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz (I run them separately) and all was well, I also got my neighbour to wipe the player properly.

• 3 weeks later...

iphones, iPads have auto join but only join known networks. Would be rare to see the same Wi-Fi name unless it’s something very common.

i looked it up and came up with Wistron Neweb Corporation. 

http://www.wnc.com.tw/

this might help you track down what you have trying to connect, security cams, network and smart home devices.

• Administrators

Oh right - you’ve posted in the Netgear subforum. I don’t think it’s router related looking through the logs. When you get a drop out, is it over wired or wireless? Can you connect to your modem and see if that still has an Internet connection?

1 minute ago, Netduma Admin said:

Oh right - you’ve posted in the Netgear subforum. I don’t think it’s router related looking through the logs. When you get a drop out, is it over wired or wireless? Can you connect to your modem and see if that still has an Internet connection?

my apologies and i have everything wired in expect my phone and Sky Box but i was streaming last night to twitch and got booted off. looked at my log and that what it came up.  

On 5/27/2019 at 12:12 PM, flexingjohn said:

my apologies and i have everything wired in expect my phone and Sky Box but i was streaming last night to twitch and got booted off. looked at my log and that what it came up.  

Have you customised your DNS settings at all? Do you have another router or device upstream? What's the DNS setting on this device?

On 5/28/2019 at 3:25 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Have you customised your DNS settings at all? Do you have another router or device upstream? What's the DNS setting on this device?

Hi Alex

i have not set anything different from standard settings. only thing i've changed is the CC in R1 and sky router i have put the R1 in the DMZ. i am not at home yet so i will update with the DNS settings 

On 5/28/2019 at 3:25 PM, Netduma Alex said:

90.207.238.97, 90.207.238.99 on the Sky Router

15 hours ago, Newfie said:

Are you still getting thrown out.

the company I liked to is involved with sky boxes.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-router/54984-unknown-device-attached-devices.html

your mystery device trying to connect looks very much like Sky. Is this the cause of your issues.

only has happened since i've moved to sky this month from BT

44 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

So since moving to Sky, did you switch to using a Sky router behind your Nighthawk?

Hi Alex

my problem is with the R1 using the DUMA Os i have posted this onto the wrong section. as i previously had a problem with the XR500. (which now i don't own).

the setup has always been wall > modem ( now SKY hub) > R1   

1 hour ago, flexingjohn said:

Hi Alex

my problem is with the R1 using the DUMA Os i have posted this onto the wrong section. as i previously had a problem with the XR500. (which now i don't own).

the setup has always been wall > modem ( now SKY hub) > R1   

Oh okay no problem, I moved the thread to the R1 section, hope you don't mind. It's just easier because sometimes I look at where things are posted when I can't remember what device people are using, which is clearly what I did this time!

So anyway, lots of people have had problems with Sky Hubs not playing nicely with other devices. Is the Sky Hub in Bridge Mode? If this isn't possible, is the R1 in the DMZ of the Sky Hub?

Also, is the R1 the only device that's connected directly to the Hub? Is the Sky Box interacting directly with the Hub instead of the R1?

4 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Oh okay no problem, I moved the thread to the R1 section, hope you don't mind. It's just easier because sometimes I look at where things are posted when I can't remember what device people are using, which is clearly what I did this time!

So anyway, lots of people have had problems with Sky Hubs not playing nicely with other devices. Is the Sky Hub in Bridge Mode? If this isn't possible, is the R1 in the DMZ of the Sky Hub?

Also, is the R1 the only device that's connected directly to the Hub? Is the Sky Box interacting directly with the Hub instead of the R1?

its ok. 

And I've put the R1 in the DMZ of the sky hub and turned Wifi off on the sky hub. could it be trying to release DHCP? because the logs on the sky hub says nothing about internet dropping.

and the R1 is the only device connected to the sky hub. whats connected to the R1 hardwired is PC PS4 and BT hive. Wifi is Sky TV box, Phone and Smart TV. just confused as its happened twicw in the past week. as i thought my ip of the Ps4 has changed but i have the IP address reserved.    

and the Sky hub is the "sky hub er115" if that helps?

there is no port forwarding rules on either machine. and firewall on the hub I'm not to sure. i haven't set it up unless it came with a firewall setup as default.