Weird issues

3 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

I feel like there must be some variable here we're missing. You've had so many replacement routers but problems occur with every one of them. That failure rate is definitely not this high.

Maybe you have some weird power surges in your house? Is the router connected directly to the wall socket or to an extender? Are you using the right kind of power adapter?

So we are back to blaming something on my end?  I can't take your posts seriously. Come on man am I using the right power adapter?!?  Are you serious?  I am using the power adapter that came with the device. As far as the amount of routers that have been replaced, I cannot control Netgear's terrible QA routers arriving DOA and misprinted and then power cycling on their own aren't things that consumers can control. The only thing missing is the fix for these issues and the flakiness of these routers. Netgear passes the buck and it seems that the main theme of my issue is a carry over form others issues that have been ongoing since June of 2018 according to posts that have yet to be answered and/or resolved. I know how to use the router, I know my power is good, I know my issues are not only mine but others here as well. 

....right power adapter, is this guy serious?

Serious insomuch as i'm seriously running out of ideas. I've gone through all of the sensible options so I thought i'd try some weirder options in case there's a link there...

Speaking of which, have you considered that your house might be haunted? The XR500 is known to be incompatible with ghosts.

1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

Serious insomuch as i'm seriously running out of ideas. I've gone through all of the sensible options so I thought i'd try some weirder options in case there's a link there...

Speaking of which, have you considered that your house might be haunted? The XR500 is known to be incompatible with ghosts.

Ghosts? Yea I guess that makes more sense than some of your troubleshooting.  It's pretty simple. You've got several people reporting the same issue with geofilter blocking server INSIDE the filter and NOT blocking servers that are OUTSIDE the filter as well as on the DENY list.  I guess we will all just sit down and joke about it? Cool. It's your product that looks like shit in the mean time.  I guess I will just go elsewhere maybe hang out with the ghosts of all the long time users who have given up on the Netduma team due to inconsistencies and slow production. If you, and your flippant attitude, are the future of the company then they should just sell it off now cause there is no hope. Seems the name of the game now is to blame the user, game and Netgear. All the while Netgear blames Netduma and waits the consumer out for that warranty expiration so they can sell more extended warranties for a product that has never been completely stable and each Firmware update has presented more issues. Sad.

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Stalker, I assume that you have tried a factory reset using the button in the back of the router? (held down for 20-30 seconds) Did the DumaOS not loading continue after this?

Yes. I didn't want to lose my allow/deny list so I could get those IDs but as it seems to go yet another hard reset. 30-30-30, not that I thing it helps with this router but I did it form habit. 

b0c7935e644f1015

503f8550dceff6fb

503f7944dceff6fb

d13fb37edc70f6fb

503f8a55dceff6fb

b0c78a55644f1015

Here's is a recent ID that is new, outside of my filter but connecting anyway AND also connecting when added to Deny list.  If you need to PM me the IP that's fine.  If this isn't resolved soon I am going to have to give up the router.  I can actually  create my own list of allow deny with iptables but it's time consuming and new IPs are added pretty much as mode populace dictate. I figured since Netduma had a team and it was the sole reason for their product it would always be good to go. 

No such luck. They are either adding new IPs  daily or rerouting to other data centers if they find a blocked gateway. Either way it works for a bit then sadly I am being pushed into lobbies with new IDs and IPs outside of the filter range and/or on the DENY list as I find them.  Something has to change with the filter as well ass Allow/Deny list, it's simply not working for some of us.  I have rolled back as far as day one on f/w with the exact same issues from there up in f/w. It's not a specific firmware issue.  I've using these routers for going on 5 or 6 years now as an early adopter and it's been the same form day one. What works one day may not work the next and then you speed all your game time tinkering in futility due to  a bug or other issue that takes forever for the Netduma team to acknowledge let alone fix. I know each feature inside and out, I know routers and networking inside and out, yet here I am with yet another "unique" issue.  I'm tired of the inconsistency. Thanks for your help Fraser, I know you mean well, sorry if anything I said was offensive to you. Alex....your hair looks nice.

I'll check back in 90 days, this is frustrating to no end. Meanwhile the router will be in it's box in the closet. After 90 days if it's not fixed I will sell it apparently with a disclaimer, *ALL FEATURES MAY OR MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU*.

That's okay, it's understandable that you'd be frustrated if your router's playing up.

Sorry my joke about ghosts backfired, I wasn't trying to take the mickey I was just trying to lighten the mood.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, stalker4hire- said:

No such luck. They are either adding new IPs  daily or rerouting to other data centers if they find a blocked gateway. Either way it works for a bit then sadly I am being pushed into lobbies with new IDs and IPs outside of the filter range and/or on the DENY list as I find them.  Something has to change with the filter as well ass Allow/Deny list, it's simply not working for some of us.  I have rolled back as far as day one on f/w with the exact same issues from there up in f/w. It's not a specific firmware issue.  I've using these routers for going on 5 or 6 years now as an early adopter and it's been the same form day one. What works one day may not work the next and then you speed all your game time tinkering in futility due to  a bug or other issue that takes forever for the Netduma team to acknowledge let alone fix. I know each feature inside and out, I know routers and networking inside and out, yet here I am with yet another "unique" issue.  I'm tired of the inconsistency. Thanks for your help Fraser, I know you mean well, sorry if anything I said was offensive to you. Alex....your hair looks nice.

I'll check back in 90 days, this is frustrating to no end. Meanwhile the router will be in it's box in the closet. After 90 days if it's not fixed I will sell it apparently with a disclaimer, *ALL FEATURES MAY OR MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU*.

That's really annoying, we're aiming to improve the cloud even further so hopefully we can do something about that. I'll continue to push this to the team and see if there is anything we can do. I completely understand why do you not want to tinker any longer and do hope that by the time you come back you'll be happy with the router then.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's really annoying, we're aiming to improve the cloud even further so hopefully we can do something about that. I'll continue to push this to the team and see if there is anything we can do. I completely understand why do you not want to tinker any longer and do hope that by the time you come back you'll be happy with the router then.

I'm happy with it when it's working correctly. That's what makes times like these so frustrating for me.