Geo Voodoo??

So here’s a weird one for you.......

im in Texas but have been forcing my server overseas to around the UK area for the higher ping. I set my home location with everything on..... Geo enabled, console on etc, then reboot the console. I have strict mode on & O ping assist. It worked perfectly and only allowed hosts in my radius. 

Here’s the problem...... I booted up console today & even though nothing was changed on the Duma, it allowed connections back at where I previously had my home location. So I rebooted the game again and still didn’t work. Acted as though my geo was off. Then, all of a sudden, the next lobby I played, the home location moved all on its own back to what I previously played on the day before??? I’ve never seen that. It’s like it was stuck but the weird part is, is that it was working then decided to shift all on its own.

Duma voodoo magic??

• Administrators

Were you using a new browser or PC or were using an incognito window at the time? The only thing I can think of is that your change didn't save properly in cookies, so it worked while you were still on the page but then when you weren't it reverted back

Not that I’m aware of. Same as what I always use.......Just my Mac Book pro as always. I disabled geo, reset my home location & rebooted the Duma. When I get home later I’ll boot up the console, then enable geo. 

Whats the proper procedure  to change home location? 

I also found the reason my NAT was having issues. For some reason it’s locking out what looks to be my true location. I have to “allow” myself apparently to get an open NAT.......but I’ve had to redo this several times as well. Not sure what’s up?

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

Not that I’m aware of. Same as what I always use.......Just my Mac Book pro as always. I disabled geo, reset my home location & rebooted the Duma. When I get home later I’ll boot up the console, then enable geo. 

Whats the proper procedure  to change home location? 

I also found the reason my NAT was having issues. For some reason it’s locking out what looks to be my true location. I have to “allow” myself apparently to get an open NAT.......but I’ve had to redo this several times as well. Not sure what’s up?

This sounds like voodoo to me. You might need to get a priest out to bless your router!

Nah in all honesty, I've never seen that happen before. The proper procedure is to click on the home icon, then click on the map where you want to set it. That should save without issue, so it could well be a cookies issue or a conflict with a browser plugin preventing it from properly saving.

As for the NAT thing, I don't believe that will be you you're allowing - it could be an authentication / NAT server for the console to connect to online services. Could you let us know the ID of that server? Thanks!

11 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

This sounds like voodoo to me. You might need to get a priest out to bless your router!

Nah in all honesty, I've never seen that happen before. The proper procedure is to click on the home icon, then click on the map where you want to set it. That should save without issue, so it could well be a cookies issue or a conflict with a browser plugin preventing it from properly saving.

As for the NAT thing, I don't believe that will be you you're allowing - it could be an authentication / NAT server for the console to connect to online services. Could you let us know the ID of that server? Thanks!

Everything seemed to work fine today since I rebooted the Duma......here’s the pic of the server that was being blocked, giving me NAT issues. It’s in Texas so just assumed it could have been my area?

F7668532-C151-4AC4-9F68-9030FFFAB168.jpeg