Netduma not working correctly

I have had my net duma for 2 years and always thought it was quirky. The wifi has been in and out with it for the last couple of months. I borrowed a friends net duma that is older than mine and what a difference. I'm getting full power wifi and gameplay is better. Any ideas? There are multiple differences I've noticed. First is the gameplay, much more reliable lobbies. Second, the geo filter pin is always on my location. When I use my netduma I always have to set my location every time. The device manager screen on my net duma loses it's format and the screen gets really wide, with my friends netduma this doesn't happen. 

6 hours ago, zTimbo said:

I have had my net duma for 2 years and always thought it was quirky. The wifi has been in and out with it for the last couple of months. I borrowed a friends net duma that is older than mine and what a difference. I'm getting full power wifi and gameplay is better. Any ideas? There are multiple differences I've noticed. First is the gameplay, much more reliable lobbies. Second, the geo filter pin is always on my location. When I use my netduma I always have to set my location every time. The device manager screen on my net duma loses it's format and the screen gets really wide, with my friends netduma this doesn't happen. 

I already responded to a topic just like you published in another section of the forum, please do not duplicate the issues because it will not be more difficult to help you.
I return to answer here because the other thread is anyway published in the section that is not and surely delete a moderator to be duplicated.

As I said: Have you ever updated your R1 to the DumaOS version?

If not, I advise you to update and try to see how it goes and if your experience improves.
You can obtain the update at the following link:

https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/

5 hours ago, titofuenla said:

I already responded to a topic just like you published in another section of the forum, please do not duplicate the issues because it will not be more difficult to help you.
I return to answer here because the other thread is anyway published in the section that is not and surely delete a moderator to be duplicated.

As I said: Have you ever updated your R1 to the DumaOS version?

If not, I advise you to update and try to see how it goes and if your experience improves.
You can obtain the update at the following link:

https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/

Who are you?

Please do not create multiple threads regarding your same issue. I have removed the other post you created with this issue. It make is hard to keep track of issues if you create multiple threads with the same problem........Thank you.

I have also deleted your request for 1 to 1 support as you only post there if asked to do so by Netduma Admin. 

Please follow the above advice and let us know if it solves your issue.

2019-04-02 (4).png

16 hours ago, zTimbo said:

Are you using the netduma from the same device and browser every time? Making sure cookies are enabled? Settings wont stick without that. Idk if the cookies related to settings are related to your browser cookies it creates and im going to assume so. Perhaps you are clearing them out and that affects the settings as well when your browser is accessing it. You may be seeing inconsistent lobbies purely for the fact those settings aren't staying intact. The R1 firmware has always been that way though, where as DumaOS is not so much. I still prefer the old firmware due to certain features still working much better than DumaOS but it can be buggy from time to time and I have to go back and re-enable things. Your perceived wifi power could be MANY things such as: dips in power to the router, congestion on certain channels, etc. 

Perhaps just trying a factory reset a couple times, clear out your browser and just start from scratch. Consistency was an issue with the R1 for me, not as much with geofiltering, but when it came to having QOS it was. DumaOS for me kinda helped the QOS side and just broke geofiltering completely. Honestly without both working properly 100% of the time games will never be consistent at all unfortunately. I do find that the old firmware seems to be less taxing on the CPU though. There's just pros and cons to both sides.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Are you on DumaOS or the original firmware?

The pin/device manager is almost certainly due to the above.

What do you mean by full power wifi? What is the average ping you're getting to the game? What game are you playing?

What's your physical setup?

Please provide as much information regarding your issues as possible.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Are you on DumaOS or the original firmware?

The pin/device manager is almost certainly due to the above.

What do you mean by full power wifi? What is the average ping you're getting to the game? What game are you playing?

What's your physical setup?

Please provide as much information regarding your issues as possible.

Both net duma routers are on the original firmware. The one that works is on an older firmware 1.03.3 it works great. 

I can't stream HD tv on the new net duma, I can swap over to the older one and I can stream HD TV.

My internet is 50 down/ 3 up. My netduma will only let me pull about 4-10 mbps through wifi. The one I borrowed will let me pull 36-45 mbps through the wifi.

Playing COD BO4 and COD BO3 on xbox one wired to router. usually see around 30-50ms ping in game. If i run speed test on my computer that is wired to router i see 14ms ping, 50 down and little over 3 up.

It would be much easier to speak with someone on the phone about this issue.

My device manager screen on the new one always gets really messed up. It loses it's format and will get like 2 screens wide. It keeps adding devices that dont exist. The old one I have doesn't do all this.

I have performed factory resets on both of them. I do everything the same each time. The old router works, the new on doesn't.

• Administrators

Are you on the latest version of the original firmware then? I'd suggest you try upgrading to DumaOS https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/ and seeing if it improves for you.

WiFi sounds like it could be down to congested channel, use a WiFi analyser to find the least congested channel and change to that in Settings > WiFi.

Are you using the Geo-Filter at all? We're a small team so we're unable to do telephone support, otherwise we'd be inundated and most people wouldn't be able to receive help.

Can you take a screenshot of your entire page for the device manager please?

I haven’t had time to swap back to the router that doesn’t work to upgrade it to the Duma OS. I don’t understand why I should have to do that when I have another netduma that works fine on the old software. 

Wifi  isn’t congested. One netduma works great and the other doesn’t. If my WiFi was congested it would be on both routers. 

yes I try to use the geo filter but I don’t think it works correctly. I don’t think the net Duma itself works correctly.

im going to add a screenshot of the device manager page after one day of use. You can see how it keeps adding ghost devices. The other one doesn’t do this.

19916DE7-3BFE-46DB-9980-E7C10CF2C745.jpeg

• Administrators

DumaOS is a who new redo of the software and therefore is much more optimised, so always our first suggestion would be to upgrade to this to see if it improves your experience.

Please post your WiFi Settings page along with all the other Settings pages and Congestion Control along with the Geo-Filter page when you don't think it's working correctly and I can see if there is anything that could be contributing to what you are seeing.

It's likely not a ghost device but a device on your system it wasn't able to name that has since been disconnected or you've performed a reboot and haven't connected it yet. Can also happen if one device was connected to ethernet and then again to WiFi, they would appear as separate devices.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's likely not a ghost device but a device on your system it wasn't able to name that has since been disconnected or you've performed a reboot and haven't connected it yet. Can also happen if one device was connected to ethernet and then again to WiFi, they would appear as separate devices.

Why doesn't this happen on the other net duma router I have?

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, zTimbo said:

Why doesn't this happen on the other net duma router I have?

How long/often have you been using it? It could be anyone of the reasons I gave, I'm not sure how you've used it.

If you can provide the screenshots of the pages I asked for we can go from there.

On 4/3/2019 at 5:18 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

How long/often have you been using it? It could be anyone of the reasons I gave, I'm not sure how you've used it.

If you can provide the screenshots of the pages I asked for we can go from there.

As requested I upgraded my router to the new Duma OS. Wifi is still garbage. My tv will only stream at 700-1000kbps on the router with the DumaOS. That is not enough to stream HD.  I swapped back to the old router running 1.03.3 and my tv is streaming at 7000 kbps which will allow me to watch the Grand Tour in HD. I turned Wifi off on all my devices except my TV and performed this test.

Running a speedtest on my iphone with the router on DumaOS i see anywhere from 4-30 mbps. Speedtest on my iphone on the router with 1.03.3 I see 38-46 mbps.

There is something wrong with the netduma with the dumaOS software. The software didn't fix anything. 

Could the wifi portion of the router be starting to fail?

• Netduma Staff

Could be a hardware failure - after a few years there's always a risk with any hardware.

Factory reset both routers to default settings, then leave the settings alone (making sure they're on the same version). Connect your phone to them one at a time and run a WiFi speed test with nothing downloading / streaming on the network (and nothing connected to the Modem). Do you still receive much lower speeds under those test conditions?

9 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Could be a hardware failure - after a few years there's always a risk with any hardware.

Factory reset both routers to default settings, then leave the settings alone (making sure they're on the same version). Connect your phone to them one at a time and run a WiFi speed test with nothing downloading / streaming on the network (and nothing connected to the Modem). Do you still receive much lower speeds under those test conditions?

yes

Speedtests through WiFi. Both routers were factory reset. Only iPhone connected to router through WiFi. The higher speed is from the old netduma with 1.03.3 and the lower speed is with the newer netduma running dumaos 

DDC13129-1307-47DB-BC8F-5E29C829CB9A.png

046872BB-CF13-43C4-86B2-3CEA7659F93F.png

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you got your correct speeds setup in Anti-Bufferbloats settings? If you provide some screenshots I can take a look at what may be causing your issues.

screenshots posted

• Administrators

Under Anti-Bufferbloat options do you have disable QoS enabled/disabled and good put enabled/disabled?

For Bandwidth Allocation do you have share excess enabled for both download & upload?

How is Traffic Prioritization set up?

Could you also provide Settings screenshots as well please.