R1 WiFi dying

RL317

32 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You say it's happening every Thursday? Have you got DHCP lease set to 1 week by any chance? As I see that at the start of the log. Give WiFi devices static IPs, does it continue then? 

Similar to above, could you extend your DHCP lease time to the maximum, I believe it's around 165 hours and see if you experience it less please? Also give static IPs to your WiFI devices

Mine is already set at a week that's why it drops every Thursday. Tried giving everything static IPs before and it didnt help. As bbursley said I can fix it nearly every time too just by switching channels.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You say it's happening every Thursday? Have you got DHCP lease set to 1 week by any chance? As I see that at the start of the log. Give WiFi devices static IPs, does it continue then? 

Similar to above, could you extend your DHCP lease time to the maximum, I believe it's around 165 hours and see if you experience it less please? Also give static IPs to your WiFI devices

I did it with dhcp extended before. Still had drops. The only thing that ever helps is changing the wireless channel on it. Sometimes its just random too. Like today ive been on my xbox etc. and not a single wifi drop out. I think its more attributed to the channels getting congested more than anything. Im pretty sure that if you left it long enough it would eventually work fine. Its not as if the actual connection to the router drops, and the wifi doesnt disappear. You just cant reconnect to it again or itll say invalid password. Change the channel, and boom, instantly working again. Thats been my experience anyways and idk why its so sensitive like that.

2 hours ago, Azlios said:

Mine is already set at a week that's why it drops every Thursday. Tried giving everything static IPs before and it didnt help. As bbursley said I can fix it nearly every time too just by switching channels.

yeah, changing channels is the only thing that works for me, rebooting works only for a second and then it drops again. Im assuming because the channel stays the same every time you reboot it, even unplugging is the same effect.

13 hours ago, bbursley said:

I did it with dhcp extended before. Still had drops. The only thing that ever helps is changing the wireless channel on it. Sometimes its just random too. Like today ive been on my xbox etc. and not a single wifi drop out. I think its more attributed to the channels getting congested more than anything. Im pretty sure that if you left it long enough it would eventually work fine. Its not as if the actual connection to the router drops, and the wifi doesnt disappear. You just cant reconnect to it again or itll say invalid password. Change the channel, and boom, instantly working again. Thats been my experience anyways and idk why its so sensitive like that.

This is basically identical to my experience too.

R1 is on one again, which is just typical after I decided to put my modem/router behind it back into bridge mode. Woke up and the WiFi symbol is visible but no Internet (cross symbol). Took 45 minutes to reconnect, and then I changed the WiFi channel. 5 minutes later it's out again for another 2 hours. Reconnected itself, changed the channel again, and then it started disconnecting and reconnecting every 30 seconds for about an hour. Changed back to the default channel (7) and it's stayed online for the last hour or so.

I'm gonna sling it in a cupboard if it drops out again tbh. I had enough of this on old firmware and thought DumaOS fixed it, but suddenly it's randomly dropping out again 🤔

• Administrators
16 hours ago, lllRL said:

R1 is on one again, which is just typical after I decided to put my modem/router behind it back into bridge mode. Woke up and the WiFi symbol is visible but no Internet (cross symbol). Took 45 minutes to reconnect, and then I changed the WiFi channel. 5 minutes later it's out again for another 2 hours. Reconnected itself, changed the channel again, and then it started disconnecting and reconnecting every 30 seconds for about an hour. Changed back to the default channel (7) and it's stayed online for the last hour or so.

I'm gonna sling it in a cupboard if it drops out again tbh. I had enough of this on old firmware and thought DumaOS fixed it, but suddenly it's randomly dropping out again 🤔

Sorry to hear that, let us know if we can help with anything.

The info I'm about to give is mostly meaningless w/o stats but whatever. I ended up giving up on the R1 wifi and use a different router all together for my home WIFI. I swear you can flood the R1 wifi out with too much throughput. I use to be able to do it with streaming services where the R1 would work fine for a while then it would reboot seemingly out of no where. 

• Administrators
18 hours ago, TEH BUTCHER said:

The info I'm about to give is mostly meaningless w/o stats but whatever. I ended up giving up on the R1 wifi and use a different router all together for my home WIFI. I swear you can flood the R1 wifi out with too much throughput. I use to be able to do it with streaming services where the R1 would work fine for a while then it would reboot seemingly out of no where. 

Was there a certain bandwidth amount you found caused it every single time without fail?

• 3 weeks later...

So my wifi dropped for the 900th time this month. Managed to see it in the system info and it just said a whole lot of this

-  IEEE 802.11: disconnected due to excessive missing ACKs

and 

- deauthenticated due to local deauth request

At this point do you guys think its just hardware failure?

Mine just started messing up again... back on the old firmware. Had to swap over to my TP Link WiFi for the umpteenth time as I either drop out repeatedly or get stuck with <0.25Mb bandwidth and 100ms ping/1000ms jitter instead of the usual 75/20Mb and 6ms/0ms. 

• Administrators
On 4/13/2019 at 9:12 PM, Azlios said:

So my wifi dropped for the 900th time this month. Managed to see it in the system info and it just said a whole lot of this

-  IEEE 802.11: disconnected due to excessive missing ACKs

and 

- deauthenticated due to local deauth request

At this point do you guys think its just hardware failure?

That sounds like a hardware failure, especially if you've had the router a while and have tried different firmwares.

Could you email us at [email protected] please (and link to this thread)

On 4/14/2019 at 7:22 AM, lllRL said:

Mine just started messing up again... back on the old firmware. Had to swap over to my TP Link WiFi for the umpteenth time as I either drop out repeatedly or get stuck with <0.25Mb bandwidth and 100ms ping/1000ms jitter instead of the usual 75/20Mb and 6ms/0ms. 

Likewise, could you drop us an email too ([email protected])

@Jack or whoever else might be handling emails... 

I replied to that email regarding the replacement R1 five days ago. Any chance someone could check it please? 

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, lllRL said:

@Jack or whoever else might be handling emails... 

I replied to that email regarding the replacement R1 five days ago. Any chance someone could check it please? 

Sorry due to Easter there are less people available especially with the bank holidays, should receive a response tomorrow!