Question on dns R1 duma OS

purpleandgold33

Quick question on the dns server on the R1 duma OS. I have to keep re-entering it when I re-boot the R1. To enter the slider next to it has to be red which means off. But when I enter it and turn the slider to white which means on. I'll click save and when I come back the slider will be red. I'm confused with this. Is it just not working for me. Or am I doing something wrong? Hopefully I explained that good enough for yall to understand. Thanks

• Administrators

Hi - this is a known issue actually which we will fix.

The workaround in the time being is to do as follows:

1. Downgrade to pre-DumaOS firmware http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000085792-downgrading-back-to-the-original-r1-firmware-from-dumaos
  2. Go to Settings and setup your DNS as required
  3. Upgrade back to DumaOS.

It should then be saved. Apologies for the inconvenience

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 6:14 AM, Netduma Admin said:

Hi - this is a known issue actually which we will fix.

The workaround in the time being is to do as follows:

1. Downgrade to pre-DumaOS firmware http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000085792-downgrading-back-to-the-original-r1-firmware-from-dumaos
  2. Go to Settings and setup your DNS as required
  3. Upgrade back to DumaOS.

It should then be saved. Apologies for the inconvenience

So I downgraded and did what you said. It still is not working. I can enter dns and I turn the slider on (white). I'll leave network settings and come right back and it switches right back to being off (red).

Screenshot 2019-01-16 at 6.05.16 PM.png

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

So I downgraded and did what you said. It still is not working. I can enter dns and I turn the slider on (white). I'll leave network settings and come right back and it switches right back to being off (red).

I think what Admin is suggesting is that you should downgrade to the version where DNS is working, set up your DNS, then upgrade again and ignore the DNS settings. The DNS settings should be applied despite what it says. It's not a 'fix' (i.e it's not fixing the button turning on / off by itself) but it will allow you to configure your DNS even without a fix.

I'm thinking this whole issue will be resolved soon :)

On 1/16/2019 at 4:08 PM, purpleandgold33 said:

Screenshot 2019-01-16 at 6.05.16 PM.png

Isn't this description of the switch functionality backwards? Red is on, is it not? OP says Red is off.

1 hour ago, mikehd said:

Isn't this description of the switch functionality backwards? Red is on, is it not? OP says Red is off.

Yup, red is on. There are problems with entering the DNS and MTU either way though, and the same goes for UPnP working - everything has to be set up on the old firmware before upgrading for it to stick for some reason. And if you do that, then decide you want to port forward and disable UPnP, the latter will remain enabled 🤨

On 1/19/2019 at 12:53 PM, lllRL said:

Yup, red is on. There are problems with entering the DNS and MTU either way though, and the same goes for UPnP working - everything has to be set up on the old firmware before upgrading for it to stick for some reason. And if you do that, then decide you want to port forward and disable UPnP, the latter will remain enabled 🤨

Yep upnp is broken on OS for sure. The only port it opens for me 3074. Ive manually port forwarded everything. I'm also experimenting turning off ipv6 for better gameplay too.