ping assist and hosts

Monzo

Recently, I sort of fixed some of the problems I was having with the router, which you guys helped me fix some of it. Now, my biggest problem is ping assist and getting bad hosts which are causing bad hit detection. I saw a couple of posts that say that ping assist does not determine what hosts you are going to get (Can't exactly remember what it did), but all I remember was some people turn it off and use other settings to counter it. The other issue I encountered was getting rid of bad hosts. I'm trying to use the geofilter to try to get rid of the bad hosts, but it seems that I do not have pad locks on certain hosts, and even when I block them, it does nothing. My ping in game all varies from 20-30 all the way up to 70-120. What settings should I be using with ping assist and how can i get rid of bad hosts as well as knowing that certain ones are blocked? All help is appreciated.

sometimes when I put some bad hosts on my deny list it takes some fiddling around for the netduma to update itself and remember them. I usually place them in the deny zone, then refresh the netduma webpage and exit/ re-enter the online multiplayer in cod... usually does the trick. hope this helps!

• Netduma Staff

sometimes when I put some bad hosts on my deny list it takes some fiddling around for the netduma to update itself and remember them. I usually place them in the deny zone, then refresh the netduma webpage and exit/ re-enter the online multiplayer in cod... usually does the trick. hope this helps!

That is probably the anti-cheat feature on the Netduma :) More info here.

Thanks for the help. Also, another problem I have is when I'm trying to figure out who the host is in the geo filter. They claim that usually the biggest circle in the map is usually the host. At the same time, it is very hard to determine if that is true or not because I can never tell if it really is the host or not. Is there an easier way to tell who is host and who's not? 

Recently, I sort of fixed some of the problems I was having with the router, which you guys helped me fix some of it. Now, my biggest problem is ping assist and getting bad hosts which are causing bad hit detection. I saw a couple of posts that say that ping assist does not determine what hosts you are going to get (Can't exactly remember what it did), but all I remember was some people turn it off and use other settings to counter it. The other issue I encountered was getting rid of bad hosts. I'm trying to use the geofilter to try to get rid of the bad hosts, but it seems that I do not have pad locks on certain hosts, and even when I block them, it does nothing. My ping in game all varies from 20-30 all the way up to 70-120. What settings should I be using with ping assist and how can i get rid of bad hosts as well as knowing that certain ones are blocked? All help is appreciated.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=dominate_lag_using_the_netduma_r1will start form reading this to find out witch of this may be the case and then target that with cretin feature

Also make sure that the cables are not loose in a back of your router.

And here is article about ping asist http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=gf_ping_assist

in short cut pig assist is there only to sort of support geo filter in finding you games faster and to prevent lobby booting issue.

If you have any lag related issues and high or fluctuating pings, bad hit detection ect it one of them then please follow this first http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=lag_support_instructionsand then post a topic say lag support please help etc.

Thanks for the help. Also, another problem I have is when I'm trying to figure out who the host is in the geo filter. They claim that usually the biggest circle in the map is usually the host. At the same time, it is very hard to determine if that is true or not because I can never tell if it really is the host or not. Is there an easier way to tell who is host and who's not? 

Hm.... are you not seeing the bigest cricle? or maybe all of the cricles are big? if so you are the host. 

If the reason you wana see who is the host to ping it. There is a feature that will automatically ping the host for you. Just ticked a box on the top of you geo map thats says aout ping host.

If you dont have that box there you may wan to check you firmware version. How to upgrade http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_updateall that is just in case you havent done it beffore. 

Well, I just checked all those things and they seem to be fine. It just seems like I cannot get rid of bad hosts, nor can I figure out what is causing bad hit detection. (I checked the pings and it says its usually below a 40 which in my opinion is excellent). My question is why am I still getting bad games 24/7 and how come I cannot block a host if needed (and getting rid of bad hit detection)?

• Administrators

If you can't block a host (no update button) that means its a dedicated server and we don't allow you to block those as it may ruin your game experience. Here are a few things you can do: 

1. Set your home location, then put the distance really small, press the 'Snap' button a few times to auto expand the Geo-filter to an optimum size for getting games.
  2. Increase the Geo-filter to include the padlock so you get into that game.
  3. Disable strict mode, this will allow more games to be connected to, please note they may appear outside of your filter.
  4. Move your home until you get a different host or padlock appear (you may have to restart the game but may not) and bare in mind our anti-cheat if you connect to games and continue to try and find other hosts.
Also go to settings > miscellaneous and ensure auto cloud and bleeding edge is ticked and then reapply it. 

I have also done that where I pressed the update button and made sure that it was at 0%, but it still doesn't seem to block the host. Is there a certain way you block them? Because no matter what I do, I cannot block the host. Could you please give step by step instructions to make this possible?

Ok. I did all of these and it seemed to make things worse. The hit detection in Black Ops 2 is god awful and everything just became 10 times worse. Is there a way to reset my router? (In other case reset it as in bring it to a certain setting so that it will work like it was doing before when you guys first helped me fix it)

• Administrators

Hi Mozo, I wouldn't recommend restting the router. Lets start again if you need help with lag you need to post all the info requested here: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=lag_support_instructions

Sorry support maybe slow this weekend as the team is at the  AM2PRO event. 

• Administrators

If you click "more reply options" you can then click attach button and post it in a thread. To take a screenshot use the "print screen" button on your keyboard Monzo. 

Btw are you playing on wired? If not the problem could be wifi interference please try a wired connection if you can. I'll be back tomorrow for support Monzo

Well looks like I now have a bigger problem. Now the whole router isn't working throughout the entire house. Tried adjusting a couple things and now none of my devices can connect to it and even when I put the password in it won't connect. Now what do I do?

Archived