Observation on geofilter (geo filter)

image.png.f86f132ba5402d182af464405a25626b.pngimage.png.a6fca005d5a4f5cc03490281f4f5ac1e.png

This is not normal for a dedi server is it?

Server ID 56344e19d1f5484d   

Would this ID also mean something to Activision? Does it make sense to write to them?

From my side no internal lag. only PS4 is on. pingblotter shows as smooth as it can be, no packet loss.

• Administrators

That can happen, I've seen it before. If it's nothing on your side then it could be to do with the route or the server is under heavy load. It could even indicate an event like a battle in the game. No that ID is just related to our system so it wouldn't mean anything to them. I doubt you would get anywhere contacting them tbh.

On 1/18/2019 at 1:18 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

That's really down to the server quality, how under load it is etc. Ping wise the Singapore server should absolutely play better than the one in Europe but if the server isn't up to scratch then even though you've got everything locked down on your side it can still cause you problems

just an example when pinging that server. that does not look normal, does it/

Not from my side. ping plotter shows my ping to Singapore steady as a rock at 33 ms.. no packet loss.

image.png.5eb207b4cc75cb12738db26fec4eee09.png

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, NoMoreMyFriend-S said:

just an example when pinging that server. that does not look normal, does it/

Not from my side. ping plotter shows my ping to Singapore steady as a rock at 33 ms.. no packet loss.

image.png.5eb207b4cc75cb12738db26fec4eee09.png

Tbh this doesn't seem like it's too different from what you'd usually see. Those spikes as Fraser said could be caused by events in the game or just the server being less stable. You shouldn't judge your connection quality based on the odd spike - you're getting a really stable line, and Pingplotter is the best way to clarify that.