Cannot get to play on a Dedi servers, Just P2P for me.

palla69

Anyone got any ideas how I could get to play on Dedi`s?

For some reason when i boot up Bo4 with Duma Os, servers all show up as triangles.

Its really unplayable on P2P even when connected to a 20ms Peer. Constant rubber banding and host migration.

If you are on DumaOS then downgrade to original firmware if not possible make sure you are not limiting your bandwidth too much with the qos and don't take any notice of the duma telling you it's a peer a lot are misnamed only sure way to tell is going into network options in game and check for an e after the long version number

Just noticed that netduma have made an update to their instructions to get dedi servers sorry dont know how to link you to it but if you go into the bo4 temp forum it is on page 6 of the first post about only getting peer servers 

• Administrators

Hi - could you do this:

1. Go to your Geo-Filter
  2. Open the Geo-Filter Map Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel)
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'
  4. Wait about 30 seconds - 1 minute for the Flush to complete. Don't worry if it takes longer than this, just be patient
  5. Once complete, make sure you're happy with your other Geo-Filter settings e.g. home location, radius, Ping Assist on the R1 etc.
  6. Now restart Black Ops 4

Now try and play some games and let us know if your experience changes.

Edit: also keep in mind not every server necessarily shows as one in the Geo-Filter. If you get the peer shaped host then look at the domain name and see if it says one of the common server providers for Black Ops 4 e.g. choopa, vultr etc. We're in the process of updating this now.

17 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi - could you do this:

1. Go to your Geo-Filter
  2. Open the Geo-Filter Map Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel)
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'
  4. Wait about 30 seconds - 1 minute for the Flush to complete. Don't worry if it takes longer than this, just be patient
  5. Once complete, make sure you're happy with your other Geo-Filter settings e.g. home location, radius, Ping Assist on the R1 etc.

Edit: also keep in mind not every server necessarily shows as one in the Geo-Filter. If you get the peer shaped host then look at the domain name and see if it says one of the common server providers for Black Ops 4 e.g. choopa, vultr etc. We're in the process of updating this now.

Yes tried the cloud flush but keep getting this error message come up  : Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App.

My Qos is at 95% up and down. So i dont think its causing a problem with the Cloud Flush.

I did try going back to original R1 firmware but that to was just giving me P2P so I went back to Duma Os.

I have noticed that in Bo4 it says i have a Moderate Nat. I did have Upnp ticked, still couldnt connect to dedi`s. So I port forwarded and unticked the Upnp thinking it might work, but it hasnt. Still have Moderate Nat, Do you think that is why i dont connect to Dedis?

Its doing my head in. 👿

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, palla69 said:

Yes tried the cloud flush but keep getting this error message come up  : Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App.

My Qos is at 95% up and down. So i dont think its causing a problem with the Cloud Flush.

I did try going back to original R1 firmware but that to was just giving me P2P so I went back to Duma Os.

I have noticed that in Bo4 it says i have a Moderate Nat. I did have Upnp ticked, still couldnt connect to dedi`s. So I port forwarded and unticked the Upnp thinking it might work, but it hasnt. Still have Moderate Nat, Do you think that is why i dont connect to Dedis?

Its doing my head in. 👿

Give it one more minute and it will have taken affect. Refresh the page, restart the game and now see if things are better. The Moderate NAT in-game reading might be related - but regardless, the Flush Cloud should hopefully have improved it for you. Please try again now (but restart your game before doing so!)

47 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Give it one more minute and it will have taken affect. Refresh the page, restart the game and now see if things are better. The Moderate NAT in-game reading might be related - but regardless, the Flush Cloud should hopefully have improved it for you. Please try again now (but restart your game before doing so!)

Not sure the cloud flush worked because the error message caame up again, although i did give it 5 minutes before pressing the ok button. Restarted Bo4

I have geo set to include uk, french, german and dutch Dedi`s. Ping assist to zero, have also tried 30ms ping assist but it just gets me P2P. Strict mode on.

Qos set to 95% each way and devices set to filtering

Tried it still just P2P.

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, palla69 said:

Seems to have worked! Im finally playing on Dedi`s. Good games!!

Thanks for the help Fraser👍

Awesome, great to hear! Thanks for letting us know. Have fun gaming :)

On 12/6/2018 at 3:06 AM, Netduma Admin said:

Hi - could you do this:

1. Go to your Geo-Filter
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'

Hey Duma team, you guys really need to add this to a new topic and pin it so everyone can see it like the others. Also you should stress that the cloud flush may appear to not finish completing the task but with patience and waiting a minute or two the task would’ve completed. 

Also servers and peers locations are messed up however with the new PA we can see host tick rates at 60 where as P2P is 20hz I think some people see this and are thinking is P2P...

it’ll give us a place to talk at this new process so we can further drill down and fine tune this...

Just a thought...

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, aka_boogo said:

Hey Duma team, you guys really need to add this to a new topic and pin it so everyone can see it like the others. Also you should stress that the cloud flush may appear to not finish completing the task but with patience and waiting a minute or two the task would’ve completed. 

Also servers and peers locations are messed up however with the new PA we can see host tick rates at 60 where as P2P is 20hz I think some people see this and are thinking is P2P...

it’ll give us a place to talk at this new process so we can further drill down and fine tune this...

Just a thought...

We likely will but were just seeing what the initial reaction was like, we also will be doing the incorrect locations soon as well.