R1 ocean location

Direink144

Geofilter only gets me crazy bad close servers so I figured I'd give the ocean locale a try for best ping. So middle of ocean home location at 68 mile radius. Ping at 25. Strict ticked with all servers showing yellow triangles. Strict unticked then servers available at 25 to 50 with spikes over 200 at times. Any ideas. Using original R1 xbox.

In simple terms. What's the need of placing it in the ocean? I don't understand the logic?

Wouldn't you get 'better' connection just placing it in your home town at the lowest radius possible? I tried this before, smallest radius possible, with 30MS ping and couldn't find a single game...

• Administrators

By placing the filter in the ocean you're now using Ping Assist exclusively, effectively turning it into a Ping Filter.

If you ever have it where you don't get a single game then try turning Ping Assist up a little bit - it's possible that every server near you has a ping to you that's higher than 30ms. Otherwise it might have just been the game, reset the game if that ever happens.