XR700 QoS & Geo Filter "Not Loaded"

I am not able to use QoS or Geo Filter on my XR700 as each time I do I am presented with "This R-App is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." The only time I've been able to access them is right after flashing the same firmware the router is running or performing a factory reset. Even then I'm only able to access QoS and Geo-Filter for about an hour and then the r-apps go back to "not loaded."

I can see on the System Info tab that there is a play button next to those apps instead of a pause, but the button is disabled. There are also zero log entries about the apps.

39 minutes ago, blackJaxs said:

I am not able to use QoS or Geo Filter on my XR700 as each time I do I am presented with "This R-App is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." The only time I've been able to access them is right after flashing the same firmware the router is running or performing a factory reset. Even then I'm only able to access QoS and Geo-Filter for about an hour and then the r-apps go back to "not loaded."

I can see on the System Info tab that there is a play button next to those apps instead of a pause, but the button is disabled. There are also zero log entries about the apps.

what version firmware are you running?   1.0.1.2?

We'll find out over the next couple days. On a side note running 1.0.0.20 allowed me to set my guest 2.4 and 5GHz to the same SSID. I'll update my Netgear forum thread as such. (I didn't expect you to reply to me there, Fraser!).

Bringing in the slow interface to this thread, even the Netgear settings pages are slow for me on the xr700. They load in about double the time that the xr500 did.

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, blackJaxs said:

We'll find out over the next couple days. On a side note running 1.0.0.20 allowed me to set my guest 2.4 and 5GHz to the same SSID. I'll update my Netgear forum thread as such. (I didn't expect you to reply to me there, Fraser!).

Bringing in the slow interface to this thread, even the Netgear settings pages are slow for me on the xr700. They load in about double the time that the xr500 did.

Updating your thread on the NG forum would be super helpful. This seems like a pretty weird issue - the XR700 has a quad-core CPU so it should be even faster than the XR500. Lets see what happens over time, keep us posted!

Weird is why I brought it here! 

So on 1.0.0.20 the interface is speedy fast to load the framework and the r-apps. I no longer get "r-app not loaded," and I'm able to set my guest wifi SSID's the same.

Guess things did not change for the better on 1.0.1.2!

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, blackJaxs said:

Weird is why I brought it here! 

So on 1.0.0.20 the interface is speedy fast to load the framework and the r-apps. I no longer get "r-app not loaded," and I'm able to set my guest wifi SSID's the same.

Guess things did not change for the better on 1.0.1.2!

I think this is related to a known issue we have on the Geo-Filter on the XR700 v1.0.1.2 - it's already fixed so when the next firmware rolls out you can upgrade to that and you should then be fine.

Good to know! Any chances the Guest Wi-Fi SSID will be allowed to be the same on the next version the way it is on 1.0.0.20?

I might just run 1.0.0.20 for a long time . . .

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, blackJaxs said:

Good to know! Any chances the Guest Wi-Fi SSID will be allowed to be the same on the next version the way it is on 1.0.0.20?

No unlikely, that's on the Netgear side of things unless you have specifically requested it. I'll pass your request on though to their team.

I haven't requested it, yet. I will be submitting a Netgear ticket to request it. However, I will gladly appreciate you putting in the request as well!

Guest Killhippie
20 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Updating your thread on the NG forum would be super helpful. This seems like a pretty weird issue - the XR700 has a quad-core CPU so it should be even faster than the XR500. Lets see what happens over time, keep us posted!

The XR500 has a Quad core CPU, I wish Netgear would actually published this fact, The IPQ8065 is a Krait Quad core CPU of the 'big LITTLE' kind. It has two 1.7Ghz cores for applications etc and two 800Mhz cores to accelerate packet processing.. See the Qualcomm article on the CPU. below. :)

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/ipq8065

13 hours ago, blackJaxs said:

Hi. I am one of the testers of the beta firmwares before it is released and I am currently on the latest firmware being tested and it is performing well and the bugs that have been mentioned by Netduma Admin aren't affecting me on this version. Theres a new firmware due to be released soon which is due out shortly. I cannot tell you when as I am not privvy to that information but Netgear usually roll out firmware updates every 3 months for their routers so if that is running due to form then the next firmware is due out in December.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, blackJaxs said:

I haven't requested it, yet. I will be submitting a Netgear ticket to request it. However, I will gladly appreciate you putting in the request as well!

I've passed it on so they will receive the request from both sides soon :)

An update. QoS, Geo filter, and network monitor were all timing out/not loaded after 20 hours of online time. We had three PUBG sessions going when I went to check on it.

I rebooted the XR700 and the Network Monitor came back, Geo and QoS have not yet. I've tried different browsers and incogneto mode.

• Administrators

Could you describe your physical setup in as much detail as possible please.

Also on the affected pages can you right click > inspect element > copy anything from the console tab and paste here - do so for each page please.

Sure thing. ISP has a fiber line to my houes, ONT on the outside, CAT6 line directly to the XR700. XR700 Aggregated to an HP switch to the whole houes, various rooms with switches to devices. (3 Xbox Ones, 2 gaming PCs, macbook pro, mac pro, laptops, smart tv).

Console output for Geo and QoS attached

gos-192.168.1.1-1543699747648.log

geo-192.168.1.1-1543699570288.log

• Administrators
11 hours ago, blackJaxs said:

Same on wire directly to XR700. Though I did get an "uncaught exception" when first loading up Geo. New logs attached.

On another note, while I'm not able to load up QoS or Geo I get mean lag spikes in-game.

qos2-192.168.1.1-1543711207245.log

geo2-192.168.1.1-1543711147375.log

Great thank you! Go to System Information on Installed R-Apps in its options change retry attempts to 5 then reboot please and see if the pages load correctly after a few minutes