Few Questions...R1 and COD AW

Fazor

So I played COD AW (xbox one) with my brother who lives 30 minutes away from me for the first time since my new R1 and it worked well I think.  I really like the router!  But there are still a few things I don't quite understand. 

1) It still seems like the gameplay is worse when we play together in a party.  For some reason it seems like we are behind. Not necessarily lagging, but just behind the other people who kill me faster than normal.  This doesn't seem to happen as much when I play by myself.  Is it normal when in a party to be behind more or something?  (this was how it was with my old router as well, so probably not router related)

2) Would it be better if we weren't on party chat?  Does that slow anything down?

3) His Nat type is Moderate... would that slow us down?

4) When we were waiting between games to start, it would say that the host is 25 miles away...which must be him.  But then when the games starts it switches to a different host.  I was usually seeing the host being 152 miles away...that must be a dedicated server then if it continues to be the host right?  I saw it again today...152 miles away. 

5) Is it normal for the host to be switching throughout the game?  I thought I saw that happening. 

Thanks guys for answering...I know most of this is COD related and not really R1 related. 

1. I see the same thing, the game plays a little slower when in a party

2. I really don't think party chat slows anything down and god help you if you try playing without it.

3. Try to get his nat type open. This is probably your biggest problem.

port forward or dmz his console. There are plenty of articles on how to do this online which a quick google will find.

4. In the UK when waiting for a game to start I see big circles on several possible hosts, this I think is other players talking, then when the game starts (sometime at the last minute the game switches to a dedicated server on the south coast. (you can tell its a dedi as you cannot rate it)

If it is a dedi the host shouldn't switch mid game.

Hope that helps cheers

So I played COD AW (xbox one) with my brother who lives 30 minutes away from me for the first time since my new R1 and it worked well I think. I really like the router! But there are still a few things I don't quite understand.

1) It still seems like the gameplay is worse when we play together in a party. For some reason it seems like we are behind. Not necessarily lagging, but just behind the other people who kill me faster than normal. This doesn't seem to happen as much when I play by myself. Is it normal when in a party to be behind more or something? (this was how it was with my old router as well, so probably not router related)

2) Would it be better if we weren't on party chat? Does that slow anything down?

3) His Nat type is Moderate... would that slow us down?

4) When we were waiting between games to start, it would say that the host is 25 miles away...which must be him. But then when the games starts it switches to a different host. I was usually seeing the host being 152 miles away...that must be a dedicated server then if it continues to be the host right? I saw it again today...152 miles away.

5) Is it normal for the host to be switching throughout the game? I thought I saw that happening.

Thanks guys for answering...I know most of this is COD related and not really R1 related.

Bags nailed it. The party thing really affects my outcome. When I play with certain people, even ones less than 20 miles away, their questionable connections has a negative effect on me.

Here i go again lol , but in my testing with partys is this...

If i host the party lobby beofre the match : at around a 2kd player across cod titles my friends suffer saying lag and i cant kill anyone , the games are on the tuff side for me but i do ok.

If my freind host's : who is about a 0.90kd player he has good games and the players seem to just stand there for me with no reactions and i go ham.

Outcome lobby leaders stats decides on what skill level the whole party plays at.

Dont quote me on that ;)

Actually, it is the party HOST that determines the SBMM (what players you will face).

This is been verified by reverse boosters who get their "bad" friends to be the Party Leader, and then go into "noob" lobbies and wreck them.

Archived