BO4, Fortnite, Kicked from party/disbaning Party

Hey all a bit of a long post but bare with me got the R1 years ago and loved it worked great and decided to upgrade to the XR 500 in the last month and have had nothing but headaches  with it. Been playing black ops 4 with friends and have been kicked from parties/disbands us when searching for a game and when we finally do get a game it is peer connection not dedicated servers and the connection is bad i put my geo-filter to 1500 mi and that covers a lot of europe i know there are 2-3 dedicated servers in the circle have my anti-bufferbloat 70/70 and have it set to always. I also have the same problem with playing Fortnite with friends any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks Ben

Screenshot 2018-11-14 at 12.24.03 pm.png

Screenshot 2018-11-14 at 12.24.33 pm.png

Screenshot 2018-11-14 at 12.25.51 pm.png

• Administrators

Hi Ben - first of all thanks for the clear post and screenshots. Makes it much easier to provide advice.

Your settings look good, so no changes needed here.

Instead, a couple of things about BO4 that once you know, will really help improve things:

1. The game does a crucial network check when you boot up the game. It pings all the dedicated servers in the game and every server that your Geo-Filter blocks will no longer be chosen by the game to host any match you play. If you ever find you're just getting P2P, or you're getting long search times, reboot the game. It should then work great the next time
  2. When playing in a party - you need to be the party leader. If you are not able to be, you'll need to go back to Spectating Mode whilst playing with the party to avoid you being booted out when the leader finds a game on a server you're blocking

One further point - we've made a really powerful feature, called Ping Assist, that is being released in the next DumaOS milestone. This works brilliantly in BO4. See here for more info: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/26668-announcement-dumaos-development-milestone-13/

What about fortnite i get the same on that to anything to stop getting disbanded from my friends they load in and I get send back to the lobby with opps something went any help is much appreciated

Many thanks Ben 

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, Bigben99 said:

What about fortnite i get the same on that to anything to stop getting disbanded from my friends they load in and I get send back to the lobby with opps something went any help is much appreciated

Many thanks Ben 

Hi Ben, welcome to the forum! With Fortnite you'll want to first add your mates to the Allow list. To do that, invite them to a private lobby in any game (so that they're the only icons showing on the Geo-Filter map), then click on them one by one and click 'Allow'. Once they're added you should have less trouble. When you're playing any game online with your friends, you need to be the host / party leader since you're the guy with the Geo-Filter!

I'd also recommend checking out this blog, which is packed with tips about reducing lag in Fortnite: https://netduma.com/blog/fortnite-battle-royale-lag-fix-guide/

I hope this helps!