Jump to content
wolfeman

moderate nat type out of no where, always had open

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Within the last few hours my nat type in game changed and always says moderate now no matter what I do. 

I have had an open nat type since day one of the game, I have had the duma wan ip address in my DMZ this whole time.

So I started messing with some settings because my friend and I were trying to get into a zombies lobby together but I kept getting an error saying client mismatch......check tty host something something....

I didnt mess with too much, I first just deleted my device, turned to spectate etc. no help. He is allowed in my ip list already so shouldn't matter.

I then just tried to see if it was because of duma itself, so I unplugged the wan/lan from duma and plugge directly into my ISP router. no change still client mismatch error.

So then I hooked duma back up, power cycled it and started to look at possible things to change. 

I did check the reserved ip box and put the end of my ps4 ip into the dhcp under the network settings tab and press save, but i reverted back to how it was.

I also turned upnp on and off then on again. It was off though this whole time if I remember correctly,

I only turned upnp on and left it now after i noticed moderate nat, because dumaOS nat guide said to have it on.

But no matter what I do I cant get an open nat now.. tried dmz my ps4 ip and the duma ip but not both dmz at same time ( although only the duma was dmz when I had open). 

I tried port forwarding the activision cod ports in the duma port forward tab, I did not port forward on my isp yet. ( although I never had ports forwarded before today and always had open nat)

I even open the game with device deleted from gio filter and its still moderate, i tried in spectating and with strict mode off.

I don't get why it  turned moderate and why the heck i cant get open again after trying all that.

Any suggestions on what to do to get back to my normal open nat type??????

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I log into my ISP router upnp is on and upnp nat-t is on. ( these have always been on as I did not change anything)

There is a long list of ports (8 of them) associated with my isp router ip address in a box below named upnp nat-t list and has an option to remove them.

for example. 

device-unkown

ip adress- xxx.xxx.xx.xx

port range- 9308 

protocol- udp

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright so I got my open back.

I turned off upnp in newtwork settings tab on duma.

Then I power cycled my isp router and restarted game.

open NAT.

But that still leaves me with the question of what the heck is the client mismatch, tty host error we keep getting??!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wolfeman said:

Alright so I got my open back.

I turned off upnp in newtwork settings tab on duma.

Then I power cycled my isp router and restarted game.

open NAT.

But that still leaves me with the question of what the heck is the client mismatch, tty host error we keep getting??!!

were you going off of what BLOPS says or the network settings? Keep in mind it may say you have a moderate NAT sometimes when in fact you do not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pinnskii said:

were you going off of what BLOPS says or the network settings? Keep in mind it may say you have a moderate NAT sometimes when in fact you do not

This.

If your console NAT is open, then don't go changing anything. You have an Open NAT. The in-game reading is very unreliable.

If your console NAT is not open let us know and we can suggest next steps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with console having an open nat I do think BO4 having a moderate nat is effecting match making.  The few times I've manged to get BO4 to have an open nat I found games faster and pretty much kept me on the closest dedi.   With that moderate nat more often than not I have to load BO4, quit BO4, load BO4 again just to get BO4 to find some games.  It's like a 5 minute process. Then if I leave that lobby at any point I have to repeat that entire process.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PUBzZz said:

Even with console having an open nat I do think BO4 having a moderate nat is effecting match making.  The few times I've manged to get BO4 to have an open nat I found games faster and pretty much kept me on the closest dedi.   With that moderate nat more often than not I have to load BO4, quit BO4, load BO4 again just to get BO4 to find some games.  It's like a 5 minute process. Then if I leave that lobby at any point I have to repeat that entire process.  

So lets assume the game is treating you like you have a moderate NAT.....

Moderate NAT doesn't mean you have a bad connection, a person with a open NAT can have a horrible connection as well. It just can impact whom you connect to in matchmaking. The pool size to connect with people with moderate or open NAT is smaller than people with open,moderate, and strict....so I can understand your assumption as to why your feel your connection is worse. In all reality, the pool size of people for you connect to could be smaller, but the probability of getting a good connection host/server or less than ideal host/server should be relatively the same if your NAT was open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Pinnskii said:

So lets assume the game is treating you like you have a moderate NAT.....

Moderate NAT doesn't mean you have a bad connection, a person with a open NAT can have a horrible connection as well. It just can impact whom you connect to in matchmaking. The pool size to connect with people with moderate or open NAT is smaller than people with open,moderate, and strict....so I can understand your assumption as to why your feel your connection is worse. In all reality, the pool size of people for you connect to could be smaller, but the probability of getting a good connection host/server or less than ideal host/server should be relatively the same if your NAT was open

Great explanation.

@PUBzZz -  there's a crucial network check the game does at bootup. So if you're not getting the lobbies you like, reboot the game and it should be better the next time. I would recommend doing this whenever search times are longer than normal or the quality is not to the standard you usually get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 4:23 PM, Pinnskii said:

So lets assume the game is treating you like you have a moderate NAT.....

Moderate NAT doesn't mean you have a bad connection, a person with a open NAT can have a horrible connection as well. It just can impact whom you connect to in matchmaking. The pool size to connect with people with moderate or open NAT is smaller than people with open,moderate, and strict....so I can understand your assumption as to why your feel your connection is worse. In all reality, the pool size of people for you connect to could be smaller, but the probability of getting a good connection host/server or less than ideal host/server should be relatively the same if your NAT was open

Lets assume you didn't even read my post.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nat type mysteriously back to moderate in game, yet I have not even played since this last post. Did not change any settings. Netduma still in DMZ.

Weird that after network settings always saying open that after I tweaked a couple things, yet put them back as they were, that I now keep having a moderate setting in game. Frustrating.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 5:31 PM, Netduma Admin said:

Great explanation.

@PUBzZz -  there's a crucial network check the game does at bootup. So if you're not getting the lobbies you like, reboot the game and it should be better the next time. I would recommend doing this whenever search times are longer than normal or the quality is not to the standard you usually get.

I see this quoted a lot - what is the crucial check that it is doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At launch, the game pings all the dedicated servers to see which of them you can connect to. 

Because we have a small % of the servers in the wrong location, what can sometimes happen is the game sees you block a mislocated server that you should have been able to connect to, so then you don’t get that server afterwards. 

Ping Assist solves this on the R1 (as a closely located server will usually have a low ping)

For now, on the XR500/700, it’s best to restart the game when you’re not getting the servers you want  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks

Sodoes the "lobby not joinable" message arise because initially it connected and if you subsequently block it will try and connect and fail, give you the error message rather than automatically find another lobby?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dan said:

Thanks

Sodoes the "lobby not joinable" message arise because initially it connected and if you subsequently block it will try and connect and fail, give you the error message rather than automatically find another lobby?

Nailed it. That's exactly right...at least that's what we believe is happening the vast majority of the time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...