is it possible to downgrade my netduma from the DumaOS?

mike10522

I've posted a help topic before but I keep getting BO4 lobbies with over 100 ping VS the normal 30.  I'm also having issues with not actually connecting to servers within my range (entire Northeast united states).   Is it possible to downgrade from the DUMA OS so I can search matches via ping rather than distance? 

35 minutes ago, mike10522 said:

I've posted a help topic before but I keep getting BO4 lobbies with over 100 ping VS the normal 30.  I'm also having issues with not actually connecting to servers within my range (entire Northeast united states).   Is it possible to downgrade from the DUMA OS so I can search matches via ping rather than distance? 

Yep, I had the same issues before. You could also try to delete your console flush the cloud and then re-add your console in the geo and then boot your game up. 

• Netduma Staff
20 hours ago, mike10522 said:

The advice above is great. You can downgrade by using the instructions provided in the email you received.

We're working on Ping Assist for DumaOS as well as a cloud update to help with these issues. Fingers crossed those will be ready soon :D

2 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

The advice above is great. You can downgrade by using the instructions provided in the email you received.

We're working on Ping Assist for DumaOS as well as a cloud update to help with these issues. Fingers crossed those will be ready soon :D

THank you Jack,  Will I be able to upgrade back to DumaOS once the ping assist update is out?

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, mike10522 said:

THank you Jack,  Will I be able to upgrade back to DumaOS once the ping assist update is out?

Of course - just follow the same instructions you got in the email :D you can also find those instructions online here: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000085793-upgrading-your-netduma-r1-to-dumaos

4 hours ago, tyfeonas said:

i will downgrade also. bufferbloat dont work as before. actually dont work at all.

Just to elaborate on the blufferboat. I had my qos set to when high priority detected and I noticed when running speed tests that when I moved the sliders up and down it wasn't affecting my speeds on the tests. So I switched it to always and it worked. So maybe you have the same problem as me. Switch it always when gaming and then turn it to never when you are done gaming.

• Netduma Staff
15 hours ago, tyfeonas said:

i will downgrade also. bufferbloat dont work as before. actually dont work at all.

See if the suggestion above works for you - the 'When Priority Traffic Detected' setting is mainly for gaming so you won't see the results you want when running a speed test. If it's set to Always is it throttling your speeds correctly?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 1:49 PM, Netduma Jack said:

See if the suggestion above works for you - the 'When Priority Traffic Detected' setting is mainly for gaming so you won't see the results you want when running a speed test. If it's set to Always is it throttling your speeds correctly?

i have it always on.

in the first version no. i have downgrade it worked ok .. and re upgrade it on the second version and now is works fine. everything is ok now.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, tyfeonas said:

i have it always on.

in the first version no. i have downgrade it worked ok .. and re upgrade it on the second version and now is works fine. everything is ok now.

Great glad to hear it, not sure what happened the first time around but happy that its resolved