players not showing up in geofilter

umpmanjoe

I was wondering why players aren't showing up in geofilter.  On the first day I got the netduma, it showed all the players in a match on the geofilter map throughout the game. Now, 2 days later, it only shows 2 or 3 during the match, even though the lobby has 12 players.  

also, why can't I rate hosts after a match?  When I click on who the host was, it never says update.  Am i doing something wrong?

post-2679-0-43642200-1435466654_thumb.png

Before we do anything let's make sure you have the most current update firmware.  Most current update is 1.03.4

Use this link to update but beware.  Follow it verbatim because you can brick your router.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_update

You may be saying well when I go to upgrade it says you are already running the most current but it is incorrect if the firmware is not 1.03.4. Netduma is in the process of fixing that bug.

After you complete this let us know here on the forum and we will proceed further.  Thanks.

Before we do anything let's make sure you have the most current update firmware.  Most current update is 1.03.4

Use this link to update but beware.  Follow it verbatim because you can brick your router.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_update

You may be saying well when I go to upgrade it says you are already running the most current but it is incorrect if the firmware is not 1.03.4. Netduma is in the process of fixing that bug.

After you complete this let us know here on the forum and we will proceed further.  Thanks.

Ok, upgrading now. It was running 1.03.3

Under select games/services, did you choose Xbox Live PA or did you go into advanced and configure the TCP/UDP settings? I did that once and nothing was showing inside the geofilter, until I set it to Xbox Live PA, then everything was working again...

First thing about not beeing able to rate the big circle with is host the only hist you are able to rate are the p2p host if tou click in the host of the game and you are not given the update button it simply means that that host is actually a dedicadet server. And tou cant rate those the truth about them is that they can be hit nad miss but if you would keep giving them low rates you will awentualy destroy you expirience with the game as it runns almoust always on dedicated serves.

Now the second thing have tried to zoom .out of the map and see the whole map to see if the others are displayed there. Remember that you can still play with people form all overe the word but what the geo filter does it makes sure that you have a host of the game as close as possible. At the same time i only care about my ping tonthe host so i just live aout ping host always on and dont really look on the mini map.

also, why can't I rate hosts after a match?  When I click on who the host was, it never says update.  Am i doing something wrong?

Hey umpmanjoe.  I noticed you hadn't enabled Strict Mode.  It's possible players would be connecting from outside your geo filter, and you're not seeing them represented on the map.

Try enabling Strict Mode and searching again for a lobby; hopefully, this will rectify the issue.

If the Update button doesn't show after clicking a host, then it's Dedicated server, and they can't be rated or blocked.  You're doing nothing wrong :)

I've tried zooming out and it doesn't appear that the people show up anywhere on the map. Every match seems to only show 3 circles and they are usually in the same exact places, one of which I know is a dedicated server.

Is there a way to identify the dedicated severs with a different color? I noticed on drift0r review of the netduma, he had the dedicated servers marked in yellow

• Netduma Staff

I've tried zooming out and it doesn't appear that the people show up anywhere on the map. Every match seems to only show 3 circles and they are usually in the same exact places, one of which I know is a dedicated server.

Is there a way to identify the dedicated severs with a different color? I noticed on drift0r review of the netduma, he had the dedicated servers marked in yellow

That's admin mode - it isn't used anymore though. If you zoom out do you see any circles outside of your GeoFilter?

• Administrators

As well as what everyone else has suggested, make sure auto cloud and bleeding edge is ticked and then apply, this should flush it properly and hopefully everything should show :) Also, you won't always see all the players, especially if its a dedicated server which it is if there is no update button for it as we don't allow you to block them

That's admin mode - it isn't used anymore though. If you zoom out do you see any circles outside of your GeoFilter?

No,  If I zoom all the way out, it doesn't show anyone.  Like I said, the first 2 days, it would show everyone in lobby but that seems to have gone away

Thats only for P2P games, so yours was a dedi which is why you can't see all the players

Ok, thank you.  Why was it for the first few days, it showed everyone in the lobby.  And even today, there are times where it shows 6 or 7 out of 12.  Does that mean the other players are in another country or possibly hiding behind vpn

• Administrators

Ok, thank you.  Why was it for the first few days, it showed everyone in the lobby.  And even today, there are times where it shows 6 or 7 out of 12.  Does that mean the other players are in another country or possibly hiding behind vpn

If the players are within your radius they will show up, but if someone has connected to the dedi from outside the radius they won't appear. 

what do the lock symbols mean?  

Those are dedicated servers and can indicate why you may get booted, so if you were getting booted expanding your radius to include the padlock would stop that.

Those are dedicated servers and can indicate why you may get booted, so if you were getting booted expanding your radius to include the padlock would stop that.

I don't seem to have a problem getting booted. I really don't want to expand circle because since I'm in south Florida, expanded circles take me into Cuba, Mexico and South America. Before netduma, I was always getting into South American lobbies

Thats garte then you dont have to worry about expanding your radious. If youhave no problems getting games no lobby booting etc.

This padalock stuff is very usefull for some users that had those issues.

I don't seem to have a problem getting booted. I really don't want to expand circle because since I'm in south Florida, expanded circles take me into Cuba, Mexico and South America. Before netduma, I was always getting into South American lobbies

joe, don't forget, you can move your Home position around on the Geo-Filter map to suit your requirements. It's a really useful tool If you want to avoid a dedicated server, region or country.

More info about Geo-Filter Advanced Settings if you've not seen it.

Archived