XB1 party chat disabled with geo-filter on?

I bought my Xr500 three days ago and when installing I decided not to update to the latest firmware right away to make sure everything was working first. Everything worked great my first day with geo-filtering enabled and all my settings input. Party chat on XB1 was working just fine with geo-filtering enabled with old firmware. The next day I decided to let the xr500 update to the newest firmware and poof all of the sudden my party-chat does not work with geo-filtering enabled. It will connect to party; I can never hear the party, and within a few seconds it says disconnected. I disable geo-filtering and it works again. 

Here's some info I know everyone will ask about what I've TS'd so far

I'm using a stand alone modem + my xr500

xb1 is hardwired

pingplotter avg under 30ms

I've tried allowing my friends in the party in the allow/deny section - still does nothing

I've tried with port forwarding or upnp - did even try both at the same time when I was desperate, lol - but no I do not run it this way

XB1 does have a static IP outside of dhcp pool, I switched the dhcp pool to smaller one

I tried with disabling SIP ALG 

Would prefer to not open NAT filtering

Haven't tried DMZ - Should I?

Should I consider flashing back to the older firmware? If so, is there a way an admin can help determine what firmware was shipped with my device?

I will certainly try once they all get on tonight and update.

Another question I just came across. I switched back to my previous router and ran the xb1 diag. and latency was around 50-60ms - which is normal for me since that server is so far away. I ran the same test on the XR and it was 100ms - When I put the console in the DMZ on the XR Latency dropped down to 50ms - Is there something I'm missing without having to put it in the DMZ?

When I ran the same test on prev. router and the XR on my connected PC, Pings were very similar, but the XR sure did a much better job at handling bufferbloat. The only difference I saw was in the XB1 test 

I don't mind actually putting it in there if I have to, I just haven't had this problem before

• Administrators

If the ports weren't being opened it might just have tested against a further away server. That ping though doesn't really matter as its just the ping to the authentication servers and so will not have a bearing on your actual in game ping

• Administrators

Yes you can try factory reset. What circumstances was that test done under? Was it direct to nighthawk or upstream router? Were there other devices using the internet at the time? Was QoS being used? Can you include the rest of the program in the screenshot also please

This test was done a very quiet network. QOS was being used with 70/70 on sliders and bandwidth allocation on each device - never share. Anyway I was passing by my ISP and stopped in and showed them a picture on my phone and they gave me a new modem to try. Does this look better?

New.PNG

On 11/1/2018 at 2:44 PM, Pinnskii said:

This test was done a very quiet network. QOS was being used with 70/70 on sliders and bandwidth allocation on each device - never share. Anyway I was passing by my ISP and stopped in and showed them a picture on my phone and they gave me a new modem to try. Does this look better?

New.PNG

Not trying to hijack, but just wondering what app did you use to get that information?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DarkCentauri777 said:

Not trying to hijack, but just wondering what app did you use to get that information?

Full guide here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/

On 11/1/2018 at 3:44 PM, Pinnskii said:

New.PNG

from the look of this, your are located in NC by any chance?