Laptop get hot!

feelthefearr

Are you sure you are not running any others software in a back ground. I have a very old laptop sometimes i have to restart it as it been running for week or so.

I doubt it's anything to do with netduma, it's just a web browser page that's open.  I have the netduma control panel open with about 20 other tabs in firefox and it's only using 2% CPU on my laptop.

As lukasz says check there is no other software running using a lot of CPU (use task manager)

Clear out the laptop vents with a hoover (if the vents are clogged the laptop won't be able to cool itself efficiently)

Reboot  the laptop

Like the guys have said check the task manager for high cpu use from your browser.

But it also sound like your thermal paste has dried out between your cpu and the cooler, most likely needs cleaned off and new paste applied.

It can be a big job mother board out and flipped over (every screw out) I do these all the time for customers only a rare few older models have a slot on the bottom to do it easily.

Clean out your fans inside i bet they are caked with dust, also get 4 bottle tops and place under each corner of you laptop to get some airflow under there. Also as Crossy says might need some new paste i always use Arctic Silver.

• Netduma Staff

Clean out your fans inside i bet they are caked with dust, also get 4 bottle tops and place under each corner of you laptop to get some airflow under there. Also as Crossy says might need some new paste i always use Arctic Silver.

Zennon* ;)

Thanks everyone!

I have a dell XPS 17 i7 2630QM and 6GB ram the laptop is from 2011

I am using chrome. the cpu use is 6%. The longer my laptop is on the hostfiltering page the more MB's are used by chrome??

I think im gonna clean the inside. and then we'll see if it gets better.

I have here a picture of my task manageryp9iNCb3.jpg

Archived