Geo-Filter

Dialatech

Good Evening

Last week i was not having any issues with the Geo-filter, But the last few days i get into a game with ease but nothing shows in the Geo-filter, which server/ peer im connected to, nothing.

Nothing has changed from last week to now.

• Administrators

That's odd - make sure you definitely have your device added at the top of the Geo-Filter. If you have recently switched between wireless and wired on your console, then your console may be appearing as a new device.

Let us know if you can fix it. If not, please let us know which router and sofwtare you are on (e.g. R1 or XR500, DumaOS or original R1 firmware). Thanks.

I have the Netduma XR500, Ethernet between router and my PC. 

My PC has been changed in Device manager to a PS4 and it was added to my Geo-Filter when BO4 released and i have not touched it since. but for some reason it will not display anything on the geo-filter.

• Administrators

Could you delete it and then try adding again please? If it’s still giving the console service then it really should be appearing. Please re add to make sure it’s working. 

• Administrators

Quit Battle.net/game completely. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter then flush the cloud in the Geo-Filter Map settings. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter then boot up Battle.net/the game and search then, does it work?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Quit Battle.net/game completely. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter then flush the cloud in the Geo-Filter Map settings. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter then boot up Battle.net/the game and search then, does it work?

Done all of that and still absolutely nothing happens. still the same outcome. 

I'm not sure if this is the correct area to ask this, but I have been using the GeoFilter with Black Ops 4 to try to find matches closer to my location. The problem is that the game will always kick me out back to the main menu unless I expand my GeoFilter large enough to include a dedicated server. This tells me that the game Only uses dedicated servers and does not fall back on peer to peer/listen servers etc. The closest dedicated server to me is the Chicago server which works fine but the reason I am even using the GeoFilter is so that I can play matches much closer to my location. Has anybody else been kicked out of the matchmaking if a dedicated server is not within there GeoFilter? I should also note I am using the Netgear XR700 with DumaOS and the latest Firmware.

• Administrators

Hi T-Rex - it’s vital you set the Geo-Filter up before booting the game? Have you been doing this?

I also recommend following this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter-setup-step-2-

So back to my issue! 

I removed the device , Flushed the cloud , re-added the device and put it in spectating mode, still nothing.

The weird thing is im getting put in some good lobbies. 

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, Tyranic Rex said:

Yes I have followed these steps and I make adjustments to the GeoFilter before I start the game.

Expect the network setup of Black Ops 4 to change a lot - you might not need a dedicated server in your setup forever. One day they might revert to P2P. You just need to remain savvy with your Geo-Filter and check out what's going on; control over the servers is in your hands. If you connect to particularly bad servers you can always deny them :)

4 hours ago, Dialatech said:

So back to my issue! 

I removed the device , Flushed the cloud , re-added the device and put it in spectating mode, still nothing.

The weird thing is im getting put in some good lobbies. 

So you still don't see any lobbies but you're still connecting to the game? I have a feeling the answer might be right in front of us...

If you still don't see any lobbies there's only really one explanation - the device added to the Geo-Filter isn't as it seems. Could you go to the Device Manager and take note of your PC IP address, then go to your PC and find out its IP address on there. It's possible that the Device Manager has incorrectly detected your PC or something similar, so the device you've added to the Geo-Filter isn't your PC at all!

If you do see hosts on Spectating Mode then really there's no reason why they should disappear on Filtering Mode... With Auto-ping host ticked, does the Ping panel ever load to show you your ping to the host?

31 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

Expect the network setup of Black Ops 4 to change a lot - you might not need a dedicated server in your setup forever. One day they might revert to P2P. You just need to remain savvy with your Geo-Filter and check out what's going on; control over the servers is in your hands. If you connect to particularly bad servers you can always deny them :)

So you still don't see any lobbies but you're still connecting to the game? I have a feeling the answer might be right in front of us...

If you still don't see any lobbies there's only really one explanation - the device added to the Geo-Filter isn't as it seems. Could you go to the Device Manager and take note of your PC IP address, then go to your PC and find out its IP address on there. It's possible that the Device Manager has incorrectly detected your PC or something similar, so the device you've added to the Geo-Filter isn't your PC at all!

If you do see hosts on Spectating Mode then really there's no reason why they should disappear on Filtering Mode... With Auto-ping host ticked, does the Ping panel ever load to show you your ping to the host?

Yeah i already done this. I was thinking the same thing tbh. So i went to Device Manger go the IP Address of my PC and changed its name to Gaming PC.. Re-added to the device so its deffo the right device added. still nothing.

I have tried this with Filtering mode and Spectating mode. Like i say i had no issues for months and then all of a sudden it just stopped working ha ha

4 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

So if Black Ops 4 was using P2P along with dedicated servers like they normally do with older games does that mean that if I did not have any dedicated servers within the GeoFIlter range that I would automatically connect to a P2P instead of being kicked out to the main menu? And does being kicked out to the main menu when no dedicated servers are in the Geofilter range confirm that they are currently not using P2P?

ok some progress has been made tonight.

So i had my PC setup has a PS within device manager, Advised by a thread on here. So it was working fine until sunday when it went off and nothing was showing on the map.

So tonight i went to Device manager and put my PC down as a Computer and started COD. Authentication server appeared! Joined and game and could see a dedicated server i was playing on. Everything was working fine. 

So i thought i would quit the game, Remove the device from the geo-filter, Put my PC down as a PS again and start COD again./. Guess what? 

YEP IT STOPPED WORKING AGAIN!

So i have now got it done as a computer and everything is working again. Weird! 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Tyranic Rex said:

So if Black Ops 4 was using P2P along with dedicated servers like they normally do with older games does that mean that if I did not have any dedicated servers within the GeoFIlter range that I would automatically connect to a P2P instead of being kicked out to the main menu? And does being kicked out to the main menu when no dedicated servers are in the Geofilter range confirm that they are currently not using P2P?

Yes, that is exactly what we would conclude from that test. Just keep in mind they may change this at any time, it's not necessarily a rule set in stone

46 minutes ago, Dialatech said:

ok some progress has been made tonight.

So i had my PC setup has a PS within device manager, Advised by a thread on here. So it was working fine until sunday when it went off and nothing was showing on the map.

So tonight i went to Device manager and put my PC down as a Computer and started COD. Authentication server appeared! Joined and game and could see a dedicated server i was playing on. Everything was working fine. 

So i thought i would quit the game, Remove the device from the geo-filter, Put my PC down as a PS again and start COD again./. Guess what? 

YEP IT STOPPED WORKING AGAIN!

So i have now got it done as a computer and everything is working again. Weird! 

Weird! But best to keep using the PC as a PS device type. 

10 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Weird! But best to keep using the PC as a PS device type. 

I understand that but i paid for a router to show all the details of the server im playing on and get me the best connect possible.

If i play on PS matchmaking is completely random, I have played on servers with 40ms ping and then the next game it will be a US server and my ping is 140-150ms. It just dismiss the Geo-filter altogether. Glad with PC has a computer in device it will matchmake me with games in the radius of the Geo-filter. 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Dialatech said:

I understand that but i paid for a router to show all the details of the server im playing on and get me the best connect possible.

If i play on PS matchmaking is completely random, I have played on servers with 40ms ping and then the next game it will be a US server and my ping is 140-150ms. It just dismiss the Geo-filter altogether. Glad with PC has a computer in device it will matchmake me with games in the radius of the Geo-filter. 

That can't be correct. Make sure the game hasn't even been booted up and then add it to the Geo-Filter, adjust your settings then boot up and try and search. 

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That can't be correct. Make sure the game hasn't even been booted up and then add it to the Geo-Filter, adjust your settings then boot up and try and search. 

Yet again tried it with my device set as a PS device and nothing on the geo-filter map at all. Soon has i put it back has a computer, remove the device, flush the cloud and boot COD back up. Everything works again.

• Administrators

I think I must have missed the point. You're playing CoD on the PC and your PC has the device type of Computer and presumably you're adding the CoD service to the Geo-Filter and everything works fine correct?

Changing device type to console and therefore it using console device type on Geo-Filter it doesn't work, is that correct?

If both are true then I fail to see the issue here, when you setup the PC how it should then it works. It's not a console so wouldn't be guaranteed to work