Need helping figuring this out....

David824

Not sure if others have come across this but one of my buddies is playing on the xr500 dumaos and I'm the R1 still. If I enable my geo filter he cant join as some of my other buddies but once I added them they have no problems. The problem with him is something on his xr500 must be hiding him because on my map when we are all together hes the only one not showing up so when we all get in a group to play he can never join me because I never see him to add him. Is there something he can do to turn on to be seen or does the R1 can not pick him up since hes on the new software? Ive looked online and cant find anything on how he can show up so I can add him to join my group. I usually run the geo filter...peer ping and strict mode...but that doesnt hinder my other buddies. Any help would be nice.

• Administrators

Are you zoomed in on the map? Maybe we don't have him in the right location in our cloud database so he's showing up in a different place from where he really lives?

What happens if you invite him into your lobby - so it's just you and him? Another possibility is another friend is hosting so you're not pinging him, which means he won't show on your map.

We have gone in a lobby with just us two and on my map it shows nothing. He sees me but I don't see him. As for my zoom...I keep it on the 5 setting where I see just the east coast.

Fraser I'm the friend David824 is talking about. I have the Netgear XR500 with DumaOs  , He has the R1. I've read previous help threads about the ( Respond to ping on internet port ). By default it was unchecked. As far as I know the xr500 doesn't have stealth mode. Now on my end I can see him on the geo filter & add him with no problems , But he cannot see me. After we have joined other friends in a party while in spectating mode & played a few games we can join each other with no issues. I have an open Nat router has all updates and I have tried with the respond to ping checked & with it unchecked.

• Administrators

Hi Cyber, thanks for providing more information and welcome to the forum!

This is a very odd one, doesn't seem like either of you have anything enabled that could cause this. David unzoom completely, Cyber may be incorrectly located and thus appear elsewhere on the world map.

Fraser,

Thanks for the reply back! I havent bothered to look all over the world map wise but I have brought it back to completely unzoomed when hosting the party and would only see the server in Ga that I normally play on, What I'll do is get him to host the party and I'll unzoom and see again if I can find him and let you know.

Fraser,

So I zoomed all the way and had cyber join my lobby with just him and not int he game yet so there were no servers popping up on my map and I actually found him in Kansas!!...is there anything you guys can do on your end? or is her just stuck out in Kansas? I click on the circle and got his IP number which is 4d492bf6e6ec979c. Once I added that Ip circle to my good/accept list hes able to join my group every time even with my geo filter on.

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, David824 said:

Fraser,

So I zoomed all the way and had cyber join my lobby with just him and not int he game yet so there were no servers popping up on my map and I actually found him in Kansas!!...is there anything you guys can do on your end? or is her just stuck out in Kansas? I click on the circle and got his IP number which is 4d492bf6e6ec979c. Once I added that Ip circle to my good/accept list hes able to join my group every time even with my geo filter on.

I'm glad adding him to the Geo-Filter has solved the issue! As for re-locating him, I'm not sure. We'll take a look and see what we can do, but playing around with our cloud database is risky business! Still, thanks for letting us know the ID - we'll do what we can.