Call of duty WWII

• Netduma Staff

I need setting for WWII on r1 for north America for best connection on xbox one x

Hi, welcome to the forum! Tai seems to have the right idea - the CoD Ultimate profile is excellent in all CoD games, so enable that. Then go to Host Filtering and set your Ping Assist slider to 40ms. This should be a great setup for WWII :)

@jack 

rather than start a new thread for a probably trivial ill post it here , if thats ok if not *shrugs*

i was on cod today and i noticed that there was a huge circle on the east coast usa - ID: d2ad4d184a71c2c7    Distance: 5534km

so i thought put strict on and ban it , i can wait 10mins if its important aaaand it turns out it is important as it also banned this id in europe -ID: c72dba85ca663a3f    Distance: 1950km.

i had noticed the 2nd id was also a big circle so i figured (rightly or wrongly) this was a european host that was then connecting to a usa host (the first id) so if i ban the usa host in theory it wont connect and block some usa players and thus giving me a better game by forcing it to connect to europe.

but as stated above it blocked another server in europe , i didnt touch that one honest i just think its strange that by banning one the other gets banned aswell ??

• Netduma Staff

@jack 

rather than start a new thread for a probably trivial ill post it here , if thats ok if not *shrugs*

i was on cod today and i noticed that there was a huge circle on the east coast usa - ID: d2ad4d184a71c2c7    Distance: 5534km

so i thought put strict on and ban it , i can wait 10mins if its important aaaand it turns out it is important as it also banned this id in europe -ID: c72dba85ca663a3f    Distance: 1950km.

i had noticed the 2nd id was also a big circle so i figured (rightly or wrongly) this was a european host that was then connecting to a usa host (the first id) so if i ban the usa host in theory it wont connect and block some usa players and thus giving me a better game by forcing it to connect to europe.

but as stated above it blocked another server in europe , i didnt touch that one honest i just think its strange that by banning one the other gets banned aswell ??

This seems weird to me, I've never heard of a case where banning one server will ban another as well. It's likely they're background servers, whether for NAT, party chat or matchmaking. I guess it might give you a better connection to block it, though really I have no idea! I might check these ID's in a bit and see what their domains are.

thank you that seem to help a lot

Nice one Kev - I'm glad those settings worked out for you. Feel free to play around with the settings, but if your gameplay is good then don't go too mad! Let us know if you need a hand with anything else.

@jack as soon as they were blocked it wouldnt find a lobby

and as for the cod ultimate mentioned above , tried that and it opened the geo up to a red bar lagging hell in the lobbies so i reduced the range to 1000k and 40ms ping it didnt make any difference other than removing the red bar ppl (though i still get them but not as many) and there wasnt any difference from 40ms to 200ms its like they have 500ms advantage on me

• Administrators

@jack 

The first was mislocated as it's actually located in the Netherlands. Second is a UK server. Banning one wouldn't ban another, just likely your radius/settings blocked it instead.