NAT Issues, Its Open but still having issues.

Vileself

I'm having some NAT issues that I need to resolve.  When playing Advanced Warfare I keep getting NAT restrictions with several of my clan members and we are unable to communicate. We all have Open NAT types and this is something that only became an issue recently.

Recently I upgraded my internet speeds and my ISP provided a new modem. Once I hooked it up my NAT type in Advanced Warfare went back to Moderate and in order to open the NAT of my PS4 I had to put my WAN IP into my modems DMZ. Was that the correct thing to do? Or is there a better way to get my NAT open on my PS4? It wouldn't let me put my PS4's static IP into my DMZ settings of my router.

I would also like to say that I have given all of my clan members a 100% rating in my allow list and I still have NAT restrictions with them. We can connect to each other in lobbies but we can't communicate on our headsets and as a competitive clan that kinda sucks.

I should probably mention that during these NAT issues I was not the host of the party chat nor was I the host of the game party. My Geofilter was disabled and strict mode was off.

On another note instead of making a separate thread I have an unrelated questions.

Drift0r has been showing some R1 videos lately and I notice that he has features that I don't have. For example it shows the Demonware matchmaking servers on his Geofilter map. Also his game hosts show up as a yellow circle and all of my circles are red. I was just wondering why his is different.

Drift0r is running an older obsolete admin version. He really needs to update his router.

Try this for NAT issues:http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_nat

As I said my NAT is Open but I'm still having communication issues within my chat lobby. They have Open NAT as well so it should be fine. I'm pretty certain the problem is on my end because everyone else seems to be able to communicate fine but out of 6 people in the chat lobby there's often 4 or 5 that I have a NAT type restriction with and it doesn't allow us to communicate at all.

As I said my NAT is Open but I'm still having communication issues within my chat lobby. They have Open NAT as well so it should be fine. I'm pretty certain the problem is on my end because everyone else seems to be able to communicate fine but out of 6 people in the chat lobby there's often 4 or 5 that I have a NAT type restriction with and it doesn't allow us to communicate at all.

Dont put your PS4 iP in the DMZ you put the Netdum'a IP found on Device Manager into the DMZ of your Main router. Leave your PS4 on Automatic for all things, and make sure you have Reserved your Netduma's IP in the main router also otherwise it could change.

I'm having some NAT issues that I need to resolve.  When playing Advanced Warfare I keep getting NAT restrictions with several of my clan members and we are unable to communicate. We all have Open NAT types and this is something that only became an issue recently.

Recently I upgraded my internet speeds and my ISP provided a new modem. Once I hooked it up my NAT type in Advanced Warfare went back to Moderate and in order to open the NAT of my PS4 I had to put my WAN IP into my modems DMZ. Was that the correct thing to do? Or is there a better way to get my NAT open on my PS4? It wouldn't let me put my PS4's static IP into my DMZ settings of my router.

I would also like to say that I have given all of my clan members a 100% rating in my allow list and I still have NAT restrictions with them. We can connect to each other in lobbies but we can't communicate on our headsets and as a competitive clan that kinda sucks.

I should probably mention that during these NAT issues I was not the host of the party chat nor was I the host of the game party. My Geofilter was disabled and strict mode was off.

On another note instead of making a separate thread I have an unrelated questions.

Drift0r has been showing some R1 videos lately and I notice that he has features that I don't have. For example it shows the Demonware matchmaking servers on his Geofilter map. Also his game hosts show up as a yellow circle and all of my circles are red. I was just wondering why his is different.

To cover your second question Drift0r has Admin mode as he was an original tester in Beta stages but i think some of the features are coming to us normal people soon :).

• Netduma Staff

Follow the instructions in the link Buck gave you to make sure you have but the right IP in the other modem. If you've put the PS4s in there then it sounds like you've put the wrong IP in the DMZ :)

It is the new MS chat servers that are out side of your geo i had this issue so I set my cloud to bleeding edge in settings misc and I could then talk with friends again.

I'm having some NAT issues that I need to resolve. When playing Advanced Warfare I keep getting NAT restrictions with several of my clan members and we are unable to communicate. We all have Open NAT types and this is something that only became an issue recently.

I had nothing but trouble when I upgraded with TWC. So bad I had to go back to my original setup. They gave me an Arris modem router combo. I tried everything even bridging, spending hours on the phone with TWC and Microsoft. I went back to plain old turbo. I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the modem.

I appreciate all of the responses but it seems some people didn't fully read my post.

My NAT is Open. I have my R1 IP in my DMZ not my PS4 IP. For some reason still have communication issues though and I gotta figure out how to fix it.

Dont put your PS4 iP in the DMZ you put the Netdum'a IP found on Device Manager into the DMZ of your Main router. Leave your PS4 on Automatic for all things, and make sure you have Reserved your Netduma's IP in the main router also otherwise it could change.

What does this last line mean? I know it means to make the IP static but how do I reserve my Netduma IP on my main router so it doesn't change?

I appreciate all of the responses but it seems some people didn't fully read my post.

My NAT is Open. I have my R1 IP in my DMZ not my PS4 IP. For some reason still have communication issues though and I gotta figure out how to fix it.

What does this last line mean? I know it means to make the IP static but how do I reserve my Netduma IP on my main router so it doesn't change?

What router is it? This is how I do it on my netgear. YouTube probably has a video about your exact router. Unless we're not talking about the same thing.

post-881-0-68553000-1434563268_thumb.png

This isn't my problem. I already have my R1 WAN address put into my modems DMZ. My NAT is OPEN and my friends NAT are also OPEN but for some reason we still get an error message claiming that there is a NAT restriction and we can not communicate in the chat party.

What router is it? This is how I do it on my netgear. YouTube probably has a video about your exact router. Unless we're not talking about the same thing.

• Netduma Staff

I have not tried that but I will. Thanks for the suggestion.

May I ask exactly what is this feature supposed to do?

It just means that you use the very latest cloud version :) This is usually an untested one.

• Administrators

Hi Vile, sorry for late reply I've been busy doing R&D.

Do you still have the same issue if the Geo-Fitler is disabled? If so its something wrong with the game I think because the router is doing no filtering whatsoever and you have an Open NAT. So its behaving like a standard router. 

Archived