New setup will help?

I’m changing up my setup to see if this helps. I have pure fibre 150/150. Would it better to install combo modem-netduma-tplink or combo modem-to link-netduma.

I’m looking for a better jitter connection though.

My ping at the moment is 4-9ms with 10ms jitter on average.

I get a lot of frame issues with my ps4 but maybe switching a few around will help me out.

Would anyone have any ideas to fix it

you should do a pingplotter test with your isp provided modem/router only and see what the jitter is like then, if it is still so bad then it is an isp issue and no router in the world can solve that for you. 

30-40ms? ping or jitter? If  it is ping then depending on your location and the fact you have pure fibre then that should be lower, but if you are talking about actual jitter then that is terrible!. A screenshot of your pingplotter results would help too!

• Administrators

Hi Kiz - as BD said it’s best to run a line test first so we can see if there is an issue. Here is a guide on how to run a PingPlotter test:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/

• Administrators

Unfortunately that won’t be a reliable test because your phone is wireless. So interference from other wireless devices could affect your results. Do you have another laptop that will allow you to install PingPlotter?

I spent the last 2 years hoping this device would help me but all I get is a headache and waste my money upgrading my isp package. I have a better gaming experience with my current combo modem. This is such a let down for sure. All I do is hope this next update will help me. Netsuma powering down!!!

• Administrators

I spent the last 2 years hoping this device would help me but all I get is a headache and waste my money upgrading my isp package. I have a better gaming experience with my current combo modem. This is such a let down for sure. All I do is hope this next update will help me. Netsuma powering down!!!

Sorry to hear this Kiz and I understand why you are frustrated. From the info you have provided it sounds like you have a line issue.

The Netduma will do far more than any other router can to reduce lag so let us know if we can help you there.

If you're getting 10ms jitter on an FTTH line you definitely need to contact Comcast as there has to be an issue somewhere between them and your home. I'm on FTTC (VDSL2) and I average more like 0.2ms jitter. That is 100% not normal and you shouldn't have to just live with it. The Netduma can't do anything to help if the problem lies before itself in the network chain, so to speak. I know that from experience using cable lol

I'd imagine you've tried replacing equipment in the home to rule out issues there? I don't have FTTH so I don't really know much about the ONT or whatever they use for pure fibre lines.

My provider is Telus not Comcast though.

My bad; I read another thread that I thought was from you and saw Comcast on a PingPlotter hop. That's what happens when I interwebz before my mandatory first coffee of the day lol

Either way fibre shouldn't be that jittery at all. I'd definitely contact them, get someone sent out to take a look at things.

I have 3ms speed ping with speed test and netduma internet diagnosis is hitting 7-9ms. So my my line has a issue still?

Ping exceptional

jitter exceptional

spikes exceptional

packet loss no loss

Am I missing something here?

I have 3ms speed ping with speed test and netduma internet diagnosis is hitting 7-9ms. So my my line has a issue still?

Ping exceptional

jitter exceptional

spikes exceptional

packet loss no loss

Am I missing something here?

Nah a different ping result on the diagnostic is normal. It's only testing to 8.8.8.8 so it depends how far from it you are. The speed test server would be closer hence the lower latency.

Run a PingPlotter test to 8.8.8.8 and it should line up with the R1 diagnostic test.

• Administrators

Exactly as said above. All the results are good on that front so it seems fine. Doesn't sound like the router's at fault here, whats the average you're getting as shown by the Geo-Filter?

Doing a test over wifi is the worse result you will ever get. It is necessary to do a test over ethernet cable to get a "true and more accurate" reading.