BO3 first look at multiplayer-OUCH!!!

ltr7

Just got done watching some E3 footage and it's not looking so good for those looking to return to days of old. It looked like every kill was a one to two shot at all ranges, not to mention all the great throwing weapons of insta death :huh: But on the up side COD is now PS4 exclusive for DLC and first on the beta.

I preordered through Amazon so I can play the beta and if it sucks I can cancel my order before it ships and I don't get charged :P  

Yeah I will be doing this also to be on the safe side.

I would love to see some little ten year old quickscoper try to shoulder a 50cal much less jump off a roof while trying to shoot something. What ever happened to semi-realism in these games, I mean we have almost realistic gun kick, limited movement until aw that is, and then there's black scopers, and throwing c4 two feet away without dying, and throwing hatchets that can kill from a half a mile away. Something in me just wants a game with honest netcode that offers good gun fight action, not any of this two shot kill or luck shot crap, just a good shooter game with no frills for the wee ones. It will probably never happen but that's what I think the cod community needs.  

C'mon guys, we are a better forum that this!

This is a HYPE demo. Every player did enough to earn their special ability, but in different game types, then they seemlessly rolled into the next class. It's SUPPOSED to look like every player will be a super slayer.

I intended to do a further thoughts post later today, but I was honestly a little surprised at the early negativity.

You have 3 or 4 minutes for a video that is going to garner 12 million or more hits. Are you REALLY going to show sniper hit markers, shotgun misses and special abilities that do dick? No, you are going to produce something that gets people talking.

In Dave we must give some trust.

C'mon guys, we are a better forum that this!

Like I said it might be good when we get to play it, but using the beta as a buffer just in case is not a negative, it's wise ;)

The Ether Bunny has spoken! In Dave we trust either to muck it up or to finally give us something good. We will soon find out.

Here is the official MP Reveal Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpm1yk3enzY

It looks like a bad mix of Titanfall + Destiny.

We knew this was coming from all the pre-release interviews, but this also doesn't look any better than AW, since it is the same engine, more or less.

@Ltr7:

Rainbow Six Siege might be the game you are looking for?

The game appears steeped in realism compared to most shooters on the market at the present time. Small matches, 4v4, real world weapons and destructible environments. 

If you have a PC, try out Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. It's an acquired taste (no aim down sights; just certain weapons), but it's a lot more controlled than CoD, and requires actual tactics since it's "Search & Destroy" game play all the time with one life. You can just ignore all the skins and trading crap if you aren't into that and just focus on the game like older players tend to do.

The Ether Bunny has spoken! In Dave we trust either to muck it up or to finally give us something good. We will soon find out.

LOL - Who the hell am I?  

We are guests here.  Yes, most of us have purchased a router and with that comes more than we expected, and the great customer service & support, that we have all come to know and love.  But the forum as a whole is not "ours".  It belongs to a company trying to make serious end roads into an established market that is pretty finicky.

They have asked us to keep the bashing of developers and companies in gaming down to a dull roar.  I don't think looking at a 3 minute trailer and talking bad about it is in line with that request.

I mean, it's a trailer.  A few key people have played it.  What you see is the effort of the initial team's vision and the first round of feedback.  This big reveal will have many follow up meetings discussing pre-orders, and community opinion, and a ton of other metrics and dynamics that will make your head spin.  It's an early stage.

Then we have a BETA, who's only requirement is pre-order the game.  A pre-order you are free to cancel at any time.  

Then there will be a final blitzkrieg like attack of hot issues, OP weapons, and "bitch points" before the REAL game is eventually released in Nov.

Right now we have some collected game play footage that doesn't mean much more than a compilation highlight reel.

There are things I saw that made it feel like Black Ops 3.  And there were a couple of things I cringed at and thought "that is going to suck".  But we don't know what flavor of "good" and what flavor of "bullshit" we will be drinking come November.

Until then, let's just enjoy the hype train and see where the final stop lets us out.

Okay, I am not a fan of this kid, but he has the footage so I guess it's deal with the devil time.

https://youtu.be/SQo6ji35Ibg  (fast forward to 1:25 to skip the self promoting BS)

That looks like a game of Blops 2 with some new toys to me.  I can live with that over Ghosts and AW, but your mileage may vary.

And well, why not include some sniper gameplay to help fuel that fire.  (Note:  This kid is a hell of a player and has been on plenty of stages going against pro level competition.  Even he isn't wrecking the field with this one -already OP in my opinion- version of the sniper)

https://youtu.be/hFluBlJbp70(Fast forward to 0:40 for the bad news and start of game play)

Like i've said in my other posts IMO BO2 with half of AW's movements.And rapid fire on a sniper rifle LOL,if you think the QS and blacks copes were bad in BO2 can you imagine what BO3 holds.I haven't played the game but with the footage I have seen I can come to a reasonable assumption that it will be sniper heavy.Which I get,the kids love to QS but come on rapid fire on a sniper.

And again as long as it's the same engine that is 7 or 8 years old,it's tough to expect we won't have the same issues.The definition of insanity (or stupidity) is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I would love to post something positive about what I saw but I didn't see anything in the MP stuff I watched that moved me to do so.I'm still gonna but the game but not expecting a whole lot from it.I guess I would just expect more in a 3 year game cycle and what I mean by that is a completely new engine from the ground up.Not a heavily modified quake engine from 2007 or 2008,again just my opinion.

Archived