Nat on WW2

If you're using a modem/router combo to R1 or modem to router to R1 setup:

• Access modem GUI, turn off UPnP and port forwarding, place R1 in modem DMZ and enable UPnP on R1

• Check R1 UPnP tab to see if 3074 is being used. If not, disable UPnP and forward port UDP 3074 manually to your console IP

If you're using a standard modem (or modem/router combo in bridge mode) to R1 setup:

• Simply enable UPnP or forward UDP 3074 to your console IP

Reboot your console and you should have an open NAT in game.

• Administrators

If you're using a modem/router combo to R1 or modem to router to R1 setup:

• Access modem GUI, turn off UPnP and port forwarding, place R1 in modem DMZ and enable UPnP on R1

• Check R1 UPnP tab to see if 3074 is being used. If not, disable UPnP and forward port UDP 3074 manually to your console IP

If you're using a standard modem (or modem/router combo in bridge mode) to R1 setup:

• Simply enable UPnP or forward UDP 3074 to your console IP

Reboot your console and you should have an open NAT in game.

Please try this and you should then have an open NAT

Sorry to hijack this post but i am so close to getting this right. So when I port forward upd3074 it asks for start and end port. What are these values. Thanks.

If you need just one port, type the port into both start and end. The start and end boxes are there for when you need to enter a range (ie 3074-3076 or 3478-3480) :)

Glad you've got it sorted!

my nat is always type 2 and in game moderate :(

Type 2 is normal on PSN. In fact it's optimal - it means you're correctly connected through a router, as opposed to Type 1 which I believe means there's no firewall in place (modem only).

Moderate in game should be solved by forwarding UDP 3074, either via UPnP or manual port forwarding. Couple of things to check:

• Are you forwarding 3074 to the correct IP? If you go between wired or wireless, you'll notice the rules apply to only one and not the other

• Do you have several consoles? If yes, you need 3074 for the first console, 3075 for the second, 3076 for the third and so on...

• Netduma Staff

i have one console  on netduma... ip is correct

opening the doors manual and upnp does not change in the game always moderate

Hi lele - just to clarify this, your console has an open NAT. Type 2 is an open NAT, so that's great!

For your in-game NAT, try disabling the Geo-Filter. Do you have an open NAT now?

Having a moderate in-game NAT can often be a false reading. You will actually have an open NAT. Try only enabling the Geo-Filter once the console is fully booted and you are on the multiplayer menu in-game. Once you're here, enable the Geo-Filter. Does it show an open NAT?

As well as answering the above, could you please let us know how long it takes to find a game?

I totally forgot about the geofilter. I personally don't run into this issue with the geofilter causing a moderate NAT, but if my filter is very restrictive I can be unable to connect to online services whatsoever! Try disabling that too before connecting to online services. If you get an open NAT in game after doing that, re-enable the filter :)

Edit: sorry, I just translated the Italian and realised what you said. I can't think why else you'd still have a moderate NAT in game <_<

Do you use a standalone modem, bridge mode, or a modem/router combo lele?

• Netduma Staff

hijack, con filtro geografico disabilitato è moderato, a volte devo aspettare qualche minuto per eseguire il macthmaking con il filtro attivo

with upnp port 3074 is open whith demonware

Come richiesto da IIIRL, potresti farci sapere di più sulla configurazione? La tua configurazione è Modem> Netduma> Tutti i dispositivi? Se sì, quale modem stai usando?

Avete altri router / switch o altri dispositivi di rete nella vostra configurazione? Stai usando la modalità DMZ / modalità bridge? E inoltre, quante console hai e quali sono esattamente?

Grazie!

As IIIRL has asked, could you please let us know more about your setup? Is your setup Modem > Netduma > All Devices? If so, which modem are you using?

Do you have any other routers / switches or other network devices in your setup? Are you using DMZ mode / bridge mode at all? And also, how many consoles do you have and what are they precisely?

Thanks!

hi the netduma is connected in dmz to a fritzbox 3490 router / modem

at netduma there is a ps4 and a pc connected to it

sorry for bad english XD

Your English is more than good enough. As long as we can understand you, it's just fine ;)

Are you able to put the Fritzbox into modem only or bridge mode? Also have you disabled port forwarding and UPnP on the Fritzbox? The only thing I can think of that causes moderate NAT in CoD would be conflicts caused by having UPnP or port forwarding enabled on both the modem and router, although that's a guess because I've never tried that myself before. You've already put the R1 in DMZ which is good, but your modem/router's DMZ could not be working properly or UPnP could be conflicting with it if it's still enabled on the Fritzbox.

• Netduma Staff

hi, the friztbox is in bridge mode because it is connected to a PC and mobile phones

on netduma ip there is only dmz active, upnp and ports are disabled

Just to clarify, make sure Port Forwarding and UPnP are both disabled on the Fritzbox.

Then, enable UPnP ONLY on the Netduma. Make sure Port Forwarding is disabled. Also make sure UPnP Forwarding in Settings > Miscellaneous is disabled on the Netduma.

hi, the friztbox is in bridge mode because it is connected to a PC and mobile phones

on netduma ip there is only dmz active, upnp and ports are disabled

Okay that's good. Bridge mode is arguably better than using a modem/router in router mode.

Hmm, does your R1 device manager page show a blue box and an IP like 192.168.1.100? If the Fritzbox is in bridge mode you shouldn't need DMZ because only the R1 would be doing the routing. Try enabling UPnP on the R1 too (but leave DMZ on as it is now).

I've noticed that the only time DMZ seems to open NAT by itself is when my PS4 is in the DMZ, without the R1 there in between. Now your R1 is in the Fritzbox DMZ try enabling UPnP and that should be all you need :)