XR500 - script error

• Administrators

Hi Slack - do you have an antivirus running? If so, what is it?

Also what does the error message say, just ‘script error’?

• Administrators

script error

Do you have an antivirus running? If so, what is it? Try temporarily disabling this and see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks

No matter what browser I us to access m XR500 I get script errors.. Can someone point me in the right direction so I can get this to stop..

Thank you

Are you running bitdefender? This has caused issues in the past. I hoping it has now been resolved. BUT it corrupted web browser cache (on hard drive) as well as blocked key scripts loading across the network. So this is the reason they are asking about antivirus software, as some of these products incorrectly identify Netduma webpages as a virus and block it, thus breaking it.

• Administrators

If it’s bitdefender then please see this thread (there was a bug in their software):

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23511-getting-uncaught-error-messages-heres-the-solution/?do=findComment&comment=172998

• Administrators

Sorry for the delay, no antivirus software on this computer and it happens in all three web browsers, Chrome, Firefox, and IE.

Ok, thanks for the additional information. I’ll raise this to Fraser, our lead test engineer, who will be online soon. We may need to do a 1-1 to investigate further but Fraser will confirm this. Thanks

• Administrators

Hi Slack, are you changing any specific options on the interface to get the error to occur or does it just occur immediately? Are your browsers all up to date? We have only seen this on outdated browsers and even then only really on Firefox. 

If you disable your basic Windows Firewall do you get the same error?

• 1 year later...

I too get script errors but only when using my iPad pro. Safari and Chrome pop up with script errors but its only when i attempt to go into settings. I can fiddle with QoS geofilter but as soon as i go to settings a script error shows up once I start to scroll up or down on the setting page.

Im running the latest iOS and apps are all up to date.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Dave Downin said:

I am getting this "Script Error" as well.  I'm on a Mac running 10.14.4.  Router firmware is up to date.  No antivirus.  Little Snitch firewall disabled..  Firefox 66.0.3.  Adblock & Ghostery disabled.  Same issue on Safari.

Do you notice this on Google Chrome at all? What pages do you notice it on?

2 hours ago, Newfie said:

I too get script errors but only when using my iPad pro. Safari and Chrome pop up with script errors but its only when i attempt to go into settings. I can fiddle with QoS geofilter but as soon as i go to settings a script error shows up once I start to scroll up or down on the setting page.

Im running the latest iOS and apps are all up to date.

We don't fully support/haven't fully optimized the interface to work on tablets/phones so that is likely why you're getting it. Do you notice it on a PC/Mac?

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

We don't fully support/haven't fully optimized the interface to work on tablets/phones so that is likely why you're getting it. Do you notice it on a PC/Mac?

My MacBook is on the old Yosemite and it runs fine, no issues. 

Thanks for letting me know it’s not fully compatible with tablets.  I use my iPad most of the time but have to flick back to the MacBook if I need to alter anything under the settings. 

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Newfie said:

My MacBook is on the old Yosemite and it runs fine, no issues. 

Thanks for letting me know it’s not fully compatible with tablets.  I use my iPad most of the time but have to flick back to the MacBook if I need to alter anything under the settings. 

Okay that's good to hear. We're developing an app so you will be able to use the interface on your iPad in future properly.

Guest Killhippie
On 4/23/2019 at 6:07 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

What is it about Chrome? Its not the best browser out there resource wise, it has Flash as a plug in and its a parasite from Google (in my view) A router should be developed to run on all mainstream browsers,  like Edge (soon to die for a chromium based MS browser) Firefox Quantum which is now an amazing browser after its huge overhaul and Opera etc. Downloading Chrome is not someting I would ever do personally. For a start I don't want don't want flash on my iMac (even if it can be disabled its a huge security nightmare, Ive not had flash on any computer of mine for quite a few years now) and I certainly don't want Google Chrome using its Software Reporter Tool scanning my computer's drive and reporting these scans to Google or generally reporting my browsing habits back to Google either. (although chrome based browsers like Brave and and Opera etc are okay)

Sorry If I sound a bit off, but Chrome should as I see it should not be an answer to script errors or GUI ones. I'm not having these errors thankfully using Firefox Quantum 66.0.3 and macOS 10.14.4 then again I've turned on Firefoxs anti-tracking to strict mode (which blocks dodgy scripts) and also turned on blocking of third party tracking cookies as well. I also white list ABP for all routers I use. The fact Chrome its still being offered as a suggestion to GUI issues feels wrong when on the XR500's box it says "compatible with Internet explorer 11 or higher, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, 55 or higher, Firefox 45 or higher or Safari 10 or higher" Nowhere does it say "Use Chrome for best results"

• Administrators

It's designed to work on all mainstream browsers - e.g. it works great on Firefox.

The reason we always ask about Chrome is all our devs use Chrome, so it's the first we test and therefore if we assigned a confidence level to how compatible with each browser DumaOS is, Chrome is the absolute highest. So whenever someone is having an issue which might be browser related, we recommend they try Chrome as this helps us narrow down the cause e.g. genuine browser issue or something else.

Most of the time it's usually a cache problem, browser extension problem or some sort of AV software causing issues, rather than DumaOS being incompatible with the user's browser.

Guest Killhippie
21 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

It's designed to work on all mainstream browsers - e.g. it works great on Firefox.

The reason we always ask about Chrome is all our devs use Chrome, so it's the first we test and therefore if we assigned a confidence level to how compatible with each browser DumaOS is, Chrome is the absolute highest. So whenever someone is having an issue which might be browser related, we recommend they try Chrome as this helps us narrow down the cause e.g. genuine browser issue or something else.

Most of the time it's usually a cache problem, browser extension problem or some sort of AV software causing issues, rather than DumaOS being incompatible with the user's browser.

Maybe your Devs could try using Firefox Developer Edition as well to make sure of compatibility since the engine in Google Chrome is used in Opera, Vivaldi, Brave plus a bunch more and also the new Microsoft browser that's replacing edge will be Chromium based too, but Firefox uses Gecko as its engine along with Rust and high-performance components of Servo for GPU offload, so maybe its worth using both? Just a thought.

• 1 month later...

I have also that strange "script error" but only in dashboard,
where I have the first top right window running forever without results appearing.
No idea what that windows is related to.
(I moved it below, so it  appear  on the second line in the pic)

Before you ask:
Received and installed Monday.
Software updated.
First setting of configuration
Error started to appear
I reset the router to factory default on  thinking it was my bad configuring it.

After reset the error was there.

So I ignored it and went ahead configuring LAN, Static IPs, DHCP, Wan ... etc.
It's working but
It's quite boring to find it everytime I access the router 🙂

Fantastic software!
Btw, much better then my R6400 legacy, and also the reason I bought this brand new router.
Couldn't suffer anymore the legacy one.

Alain

image.thumb.png.9433cb021b4371719b2d855b1b35a4da.png

checking...
... same!

and another question : No password is that possible?
Its my router, in my home, on my LAN,
passing 2 other routers before getting to the NET:
No need for security, just a boring action.
Coudnt find a setting "dont ask LOCAL login"

(FritzBox, Dlink, Xyxel, Cisco have it ) 😞

thanks Alain

image.thumb.png.f5b6f3b08e3ad030b2c0fb3f28509b47.png

• Administrators

Not possible to have no password, Netgear policy, you could set the password short and that would speed it up or allow the browser to save it.

Could you try on Google Chrome as well please? I can't tell what panel it is as it's not the standard dashboard layout. If you go on each page do you notice if there is a panel that doesn't load? 

On standard layout is the first top left app windows.
I moved it down on second row because it as not working.
No, nothing strange in other panels. (so far) I would had reported it

As per request this is Chrome.

PS:  I don't care about Netgear Policy.

I bought this router because of DUMA OS:
I Want DumaOS software and not Netgear legacy way of thinking
(I've already had enough of)

image.thumb.png.af16f913f47ff054f107f134c2a0e4fd.png

Unpin the window that’s not working as intended then add it again. Just search for the panel that’s not working, a pinned window shows the symbol in the top right as a solid white pin which indicates it’s added to the dashboard. I’ve had this just once and when I found the panel a simple unpin then add it again sorted it out. 

As you can see from my previous pics.....
.... you have NO WAY to click the unpin button, and Rclick doesn't offer the option.

(I would have done that by myself instead of moving it out of the way)

Question: why is that error so common for DumaOS, around the Net?
and no solution offered on all the issues posted. 😞