I keep having to reboot my Netduma. I'll be playing and then, the game goes to sh#t. I check and i'm disconnected. I have to reboot again. Not Good. Is there a way to hook up with tech support to make sure my Netduma is working right? I would like this done if possible. Thanks for the help.

• Administrators

The tech support team are based in the UK so beware of the hours they're awake. Are you playing wired/wireless when it disconnects? Also have you tried factory resetting the R1 to see if that fixes the issue?

• Netduma Staff

No just the game connection.

In addition to what Iain has asked for, which game are you playing? If this is CoD WWII, there seems to be an issue with their latest update causing PSN to drop out and causing disconnects either mid-game or when the game finishes.

This has happened in the past on Xbox One and Sledgehammer claimed full responsibility, fixing the issue in their next update. Are you on PlayStation?

The tech support team are based in the UK so beware of the hours they're awake. Are you playing wired/wireless when it disconnects? Also have you tried factory resetting the R1 to see if that fixes the issue.

When I go to the computer to get to the settings, I have to reboot before I can do anything. I'm connected to Panorama router also. Should I separate them again into 2 separate  units? There in series. I have not tried factory reboot. Will that disconnect the 2 again?

In addition to what Iain has asked for, which game are you playing? If this is CoD WWII, there seems to be an issue with their latest update causing PSN to drop out and causing disconnects either mid-game or when the game finishes.

This has happened in the past on Xbox One and Sledgehammer claimed full responsibility, fixing the issue in their next update. Are you on PlayStation?

Yes, on Playstation. See response to Iain also. Thanks 

• Administrators

Interesting, how consistently does it happen - every game? If it's just the game check the Geo-Filter when this happens, do you see anything blocked? Is the console wired or wireless?

Is the R1 in the Panorama router's DMZ?

Interesting, how consistently does it happen - every game? If it's just the game check the Geo-Filter when this happens, do you see anything blocked? Is the console wired or wireless?

Is the R1 in the Panorama router's DMZ?

Yes on the DMZ. If the R1 sits, not being used, it needs to be rebooted before you can use it. As when your playing, when hooked up, game going good. Then you'll notice your not doing so well. You go to the R1 and you have to reboot again, so it will work.

• Netduma Staff

Yes on the DMZ. If the R1 sits, not being used, it needs to be rebooted before you can use it. As when your playing, when hooked up, game going good. Then you'll notice your not doing so well. You go to the R1 and you have to reboot again, so it will work.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by the performance decreasing over time? So the connection becomes very unstable before you begin to be kicked from every game you join?

Do you have an open NAT on the game and your console, and do you see anything being blocked when you're disconnected? (If the issue is caused by the Geo-Filter then this will be the case. Please provide the ID's of any blocked servers you see when you are kicked).

Does this happen with the Geo-Filter disabled? As a rule of thumb you should always disable the Geo-Filter when you aren't gaming.

Hi mate, I would like to ask you a question, are you using port forwarding or are you using UPNP? I mean in the Duma

Could you elaborate on what you mean by the performance decreasing over time? So the connection becomes very unstable before you begin to be kicked from every game you join?

Do you have an open NAT on the game and your console, and do you see anything being blocked when you're disconnected? (If the issue is caused by the Geo-Filter then this will be the case. Please provide the ID's of any blocked servers you see when you are kicked).

Does this happen with the Geo-Filter disabled? As a rule of thumb you should always disable the Geo-Filter when you aren't gaming.

GO not disabled.

Port forwarding

some time ago report a failure on the resending of ports specifically to use hyper traffic geofilter and port forwarding the Duma collapses and gives a very high ping and saturates the interface.

try using UPNP instead of port forwarding and tell how it is doing and if it has happened again, but I'm pretty sure that if you stop using port forwarding, you will not have that problem.

Greetings and I hope it helps.

some time ago report a failure on the resending of ports specifically to use hyper traffic geofilter and port forwarding the Duma collapses and gives a very high ping and saturates the interface.

try using UPNP instead of port forwarding and tell how it is doing and if it has happened again, but I'm pretty sure that if you stop using port forwarding, you will not have that problem.

Greetings and I hope it helps.

Thanks will do. NEVER QUIT NEVER GIVE UP

• Netduma Staff

Thanks will do. NEVER QUIT NEVER GIVE UP

The advice above is great and accurate. Never use Port Forwarding and UPnP at the same time, and make sure to disable the Geo-Filter after you've stopped gaming. This should improve the performance of the interface.