DSL Reports can't see bufferbloat

scoobysnax

Hey guys, wondering if anyone knows why I can never see buffer bloat rating when I do a speedtest?

I click on run test and select DSL and the buffer bloat box will appear for a split second then disappear. I have seen it in the past last year when I was setting up my Netduma for IW but now for the life of me I can't figure out why it doesn't work??

Have tried this on multiple browsers, multiple machines and also different connections.

See example

post-26455-0-42175900-1515711494_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Having the same issues for a while now too but have finally fixed the issue.

Make sure to allow the site to use anything it needs like flash, java and disable browser adblocker.

For the first time in a long long time I was able to see it and get a grade.

21 hours ago, II N3MES1S II said:

Having the same issues for a while now too but have finally fixed the issue.

Make sure to allow the site to use anything it needs like flash, java and disable browser adblocker.

For the first time in a long long time I was able to see it and get a grade.

Flash is no longer supported, Adobe now provide advise on how to remove it. Any site requiring flash is now a security risk.

https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Dslreports now uses HTML 5.

1 hour ago, Newfie said:

Flash is no longer supported, Adobe now provide advise on how to remove it. Any site requiring flash is now a security risk.

https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Dslreports now uses HTML 5.

Yea I am aware of this but turning on flash was the only way for me to get bufferbloat and grade to work on the dslreports site.

15 hours ago, II N3MES1S II said:

Yea I am aware of this but turning on flash was the only way for me to get bufferbloat and grade to work on the dslreports site.

If a site requires flash to work I would not be using it. You have to ask yourself does your network and private information override a site that seems to need flash for some basic test that as it stands the tests can’t be verified. 
Adobe supply the tools to remove all traces of flash on your pc, it will not be long before some real nasty stuff appears that will make use of any machine with flash. 
DSLreports either need to work on their site if it requires flash to show results or you need to question how accurate it really is and you also need to question why a site requires flash and for what reason.
I use thinkbroadband if I need to run a test, it’s fine and fit for purpose.

• 3 years later...
11 hours ago, malik mohsin said:

Thanks for the update! It's important to be aware that Flash is no longer supported and poses a security risk. Adobe now provides guidance on how to remove it from your system

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat   This is the best and more accurate way of testing bufferbloat as DSL reports is a bit defunked unless you live in the U.S.