Upnp Question

I have noticed on my duma that if I use the upnp and not port forward I get a mod on my nat on any call of duty. When I go to see what port I'm connecting too its always the teredo and it wont grab 3074. Its not a big deal because I just use my port forwarding and everything is fine. I more curious if anyone has had this or knows why it does this.

that all depends on your network configuration.........if your netduma is connected to a modem/router then you need to disable upnp on that router and enable upnp on the netduma and also upnp forwarding in misc settings on the netduma. Make sure your console is off and do a reboot of the router/modem then a reboot of the netduma then start console....you WILL have an open nat!

Remember you cannot use upnp and port forwarding at the same time as it will cause conflicts.

B.D

I have noticed on my duma that if I use the upnp and not port forward I get a mod on my nat on any call of duty. When I go to see what port I'm connecting too its always the teredo and it wont grab 3074. Its not a big deal because I just use my port forwarding and everything is fine. I more curious if anyone has had this or knows why it does this.

I always just did this to make it easier...

DX_Ab2OpTIiho_1-dTNllg.png

Never had a NAT issue, and UPnP can be a security risk.

qwll......there's also this option!!!!     LOL

that all depends on your network configuration.........if your netduma is connected to a modem/router then you need to disable upnp on that router and enable upnp on the netduma and also upnp forwarding in misc settings on the netduma. Make sure your console is off and do a reboot of the router/modem then a reboot of the netduma then start console....you WILL have an open nat!

Remember you cannot use upnp and port forwarding at the same time as it will cause conflicts.

B.D

I run my duma off just my modem...its not a combo hub. Yeah I have learned you have to choose one...cant use both. I did the upnp and upnp forwarding and it would never grab the 3074 for cod no matter what...which is why i used ports.

Yeah this is similar to how I have it set up now. Like I said, I'm ok with port forwarding....just always wondered why my upnp wouldnt grab port 3074 for cod...Ps4 would still be a nat 2 just the game says mod.

Yeah this is similar to how I have it set up now. Like I said, I'm ok with port forwarding....just always wondered why my upnp wouldnt grab port 3074 for cod...Ps4 would still be a nat 2 just the game says mod.

Usually if the console says it's open then it's open. The in game nat is failing because of the geo filter