renaming devices issue

Hi guys.  I want to rename some devices but I can't see them.  I'm using Google Chrome and tried Firefox but the interface doesnt show all of the content.  How can i fix it?  I attached the screen shot.

Thanks!

Basically the name of the device in the gui box is too small and doesnt show the name.

post-498-0-75332000-1514071140_thumb.jpeg

This happened to me before. It was a while back but I think it relates to the device that has multiple IP addresses, pushing everything else of the screen.

The only workaround I remember was to delete the device that has multiples and then it should allow you to see things properly.

Try zooming out first if you haven't done so already though.

This happened to me before. It was a while back but I think it relates to the device that has multiple IP addresses, pushing everything else of the screen.

The only workaround I remember was to delete the device that has multiples and then it should allow you to see things properly.

Try zooming out first if you haven't done so already though.

It's actually every device on my router.  I did try the zooming in and out and that didnt work.  It won't let me delete the devices.  It says the are currently active.  

Hi guys. I want to rename some devices but I can't see them. I'm using Google Chrome and tried Firefox but the interface doesnt show all of the content. How can i fix it? I attached the screen shot.

Thanks!

Basically the name of the device in the gui box is too small and doesnt show the name.

I don't have that issue on anything but my phone browser, and even then it's solved by hitting view in desktop mode

It won't let me delete the devices. It says the are currently active.

Had this problem just an hour ago. I didn't realise my geofilter wasn't working until I noticed it was still assigned to my old PS4's IP when I hooked up a new PS4 Pro today. Even though the old PS4 was unplugged and packed in a drawer it said it was still active when I tried to delete it from my device manager lol

Idk what changed because eventually I could delete it.

When you reboot the Netduma the old PS4 is no longer 'active', then it will let you delete it.

That's what I mean - I don't recall rebooting before being able to delete it. I'm pretty sure I just set the geofilter back up, made sure my new PS4 IP was static, went to get a drink, came back and I could delete it when I tried again. Maybe it rebooted itself lol

That's what I mean - I don't recall rebooting before being able to delete it.

I expect there's a period, when the device goes offline, that the Netduma hangs on to the device. Maybe it's down to the lease period.

I'm sure it remembers the offline devices until something triggers the Netduma to 'forget' the device, I don't know what though, which then allows you to delete it without a reboot.

Reboot just forces it through. When having a device clear-out, after a bunch of people have been round, I've often rebooted just to get it done.

• Netduma Staff

It's actually every device on my router.  I did try the zooming in and out and that didnt work.  It won't let me delete the devices.  It says the are currently active.  

If you switch off the devices you want to delete and reboot the Netduma, are you then able to delete them? Is there a device on there with lots of IP addresses which appear to not fit? This will likely be the cause of the UI issue - that device will probably need a static IP to avoid this issue since it's taking lots of IP's.

I don't have that issue on anything but my phone browser, and even then it's solved by hitting view in desktop mode I know for a fact you can see your device names on a PS4 browser. If you have one, or an XB1, maybe try that? :)

I just tried with mobile browsers and console browsers and choose view as Desktop browser and I still can't see what the name of the device in the small box for anything.  I know resetting the Duma will fix it but I don't want to go through that again because I'll lose white list and other stuff again.  Am I the only one that has had this issue lol?

• Administrators

I just tried with mobile browsers and console browsers and choose view as Desktop browser and I still can't see what the name of the device in the small box for anything.  I know resetting the Duma will fix it but I don't want to go through that again because I'll lose white list and other stuff again.  Am I the only one that has had this issue lol?

You don't have to reset it, just reboot from misc settings. All settings will be saved but devices will go offline so you can delete them.