Soloflyerz

Would love to know why this keep happening when they say connection is the priority??  Starting to use the same setting as the original post to see if that makes a difference..

1511738998-U291.png

Seeing that a lot this weekend and my og settings aren’t doing as well as they were since Wednesday. Maybe just high traffic cause the kids off school or one of these tiny updates, but I’m basically back to the drawing board again. Very disappointing to say the least, I’m still trying changes, but nothing as consistent so far. Those settings were great for nearly a week, but somethings different for me right now at least, good luck though most of what’s mentioned is still giving the best results thus far. Honestly I dropped geo entirely a few matches ago and it’s no better or worse than it’s been using it the past few days sadly. Seems SHG has managed to make even the duma helpless to save things.

Would love to know why this keep happening when they say connection is the priority??  Starting to use the same setting as the original post to see if that makes a difference..

I think that's probably just a graphical glitch, if a player is lagging that badly they'd probably get kicked by the game.

Hey there i found myself doing very well in Free for all with the setting i mentionned on page 1 of this thread.

When i go in Dom (which i actually dont play anymore because it's camping land and no XP de earn) i found myself having some hard times.

So i was wondering free for all is hosted in P2P or on Dedi ?

I used OP's settings pretty much for trying to get as close to the dedi as i can with 31/31 u/d + hyper traffic (pre-empt because bt infinity), games are a lot better until someone who lives at the DC joins the lobby. The game is generally slow though. Loading, daily challenge updates and randomly kicked from war.

I think that's probably just a graphical glitch, if a player is lagging that badly they'd probably get kicked by the game.

Yeah CoD has "cl_maxPing "800"" or an 800ms upper limit - you can't possibly play a game on more than that. I saw the 950-999ms bug a few times and it clearly wasn't giving me that in game, although I can't say what caused (or eliminated) it.

Now if only they'd reduce that max latency limit to 50ms for servers and my bullets might work... (unfortunately that's only possible on PC with a config file tweak; it's only thanks to PC players digging around that we even know about this joke of a matchmaking parameter)

800ms upper limit

Now if only they'd reduce that max latency limit to 50ms for servers

:o 800ms!

It really needs a much more strict ping-based matchmaking system than it has.

There's no way it can be 100% connection-based when I get a virtually flat sub-15ms to any of the European servers, if it was I would never see an enemy on a constant 2 bar. It should easily be able to find 11 others from UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, etc, that fall well under the threshold for 3 bars, half the time it doesn't even need to find that many other players because I'm going in with a party.

They should have Condrey stand in front of crops when he speaks, he's spewing that much fertiliser.

:o 800ms!

It really needs a much more strict ping-based matchmaking system than it has.

There's no way it can be 100% connection-based when I get a virtually flat sub-15ms to any of the European servers, if it was I would never see an enemy on a constant 2 bar. It should easily be able to find 11 others from UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, etc, that fall well under the threshold for 3 bars, half the time it doesn't even need to find that many other players because I'm going in with a party.

They should have Condrey stand in front of crops when he speaks, he's spewing that much fertiliser.

Exactly, madness.

And exactly again - west Europe is arguably the best place to live on earth for a CoD gamer because of the number of servers and people concentrated into one corner of the continent. You have 80 million more people in the UK, France, Spain, Netherlands and Belgium alone than in the entire United States. There are seven different servers I get <30ms to, and yet I see nothing but laggy games and laggy unkillable enemies who can afford to play on a TV and dribble on their controller with 0.5 MLG sens, and it's more than adequate for them because they fly ahead and give you delayed hitmarkers.

I just don't know what to think anymore. It's twisting my brain lol. Flat 7ms = getting pumped by scrubs.

Hey only a couple games in so far, but decided to try the normal 70/70 reactive with the same geo settings and went 25-3 then a bit worse against a big party. Somewhat promising since before these settings would be basically unplayable. I’ll be testing different things again and post tomorrow, but at least I don’t seem to need to drop my connection down to15/5 or anything to have fun so far. Bullet reg seems improved as well.

So how are others doing since the update aside from the primed flinch thing people are having a fit about? I used primed quite a bit, but it doesn’t seem that extreme to me.

Hey only a couple games in so far, but decided to try the normal 70/70 reactive with the same geo settings and went 25-3 then a bit worse against a big party. Somewhat promising since before these settings would be basically unplayable. I’ll be testing different things again and post tomorrow, but at least I don’t seem to need to drop my connection down to15/5 or anything to have fun so far. Bullet reg seems improved as well.

So how are others doing since the update aside from the primed flinch thing people are having a fit about? I used primed quite a bit, but it doesn’t seem that extreme to me.

I had like four smooth-ish games yesterday, which was miraculous considering it took me until the 27th to find just my second ever smooth game lol. Only problem is I could only find player hosts.

When I connected to online services only the New Jersey, Texas and Brazil servers were online... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯